Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Bogus Second Chance Offers - PSA Graded cards

Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there have been a number of bogus Second Chance Offers being sent out to underbidders of high dollar cards from my 72 Topps Registry Set. The 2 big ones have been the Mays PSA 10 and the Ryan PSA 10.

I am stating right here for all to see that I will never, NEVER send out Second Chance Offers on cards should an auction deal fall through. I will instead relist the card. If any of you receive a Second Chance Offer - please forward to spoof@ebay.com. Its tough enough to build a nice Registry set without some dirtbag trying to steal your money as well.

Thanks for reading this and a special thanks to all those who have bid on my auctions.

Frank Bakka
Outerbankyank on eBay
Frank Bakka
Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
outerbankyank on eBay!

Comments

• There was also another one on the Marichal 10 as well. Just like to make sure everyone has the info! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I have heard my problems with the second chance offers. That is why I delete all of them and pay no heed to them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    This happens on any high priced item. I bid on a 2500 plus card with 2 different id's recently and received 3 second chance offers to each of my emails!!!!

2nd chance offers are an effective tool for buying and selling but never click on an email link , always log in to ebay and purchase them that way and never western union anyone any money
  • Real second chance offers show up as a private auction on your "My eBay" page, so it's really easy to spot the fakes.

I've been getting a lot of fake PowerSeller invitations lately.

My all-time favorites are the ones that say my account will be suspended by a certain date if I don't click the link and update my credit card information - the funny part is that I usually get them 2-3 weeks after the bogus suspension date. Idiots!
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there have been a number of bogus Second Chance Offers being sent out to underbidders of high dollar cards from my 72 Topps Registry Set. The 2 big ones have been the Mays PSA 10 and the Ryan PSA 10.

I am stating right here for all to see that I will never, NEVER send out Second Chance Offers on cards should an auction deal fall through. I will instead relist the card. If any of you receive a Second Chance Offer - please forward to spoof@ebay.com. Its tough enough to build a nice Registry set without some dirtbag trying to steal your money as well.

Thanks for reading this and a special thanks to all those who have bid on my auctions.

Frank Bakka
    Outerbankyank on eBay >>

So I guess you didn't get the $8,000 I sent you for the ryan PSA 10 then? DARN! image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete