Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How Long ?

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
I sent two of the 20th anniversary 2 coin sets in for this First Strike thing. I mailed them out on the tenth of October. I got my registered return receipt on the fourteenth of October. I called customer service this past Friday (27th) who says the submissions are nearly complete but there is nothing online to tell me that PCGS even received them. Could someone elaborate on the protocol ?

Regular Submission plus Designation Review : $30 plus $10 To answer the first respondent. Thanks holeinone.

Comments

• Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    What service level did you use?

If it was modern they should have been long done by now.

• Options
    This is not a thread to complain, incidentally.

I was just wondering. I've seen some posts here of late that said it was lightning fast. I am not in a hurry either. Just curious. Maybe they'll show up in the system today. And the slow down could also be a result of an influx of these new coins being submitted, in which case I am happy for collectors and PCGS, both.
  • Options
    Mine were received on 10/19 and shipped on 10/24. It was a modern submission. That was lightning fast turnaround.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is not a thread to complain, incidentally. I was just wondering. >>

Then what's it doing here. Don't you know this is the complaints only line!image
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    While my last 2 submissions were super fast, the one I have in there now looks like more normal timeframe.

I sent in a box of 10 ASE sets unopened; received by PCGS on 10/23. It shows they received the box, but they must not have opened it yet as the number of coins in the submission still shows 0. I called just to check and they said not to worry they have my submission and all looks ok on the submission.

This is probably a good time to mention what a great job all of the graders do. They probably all deserve a raise. Its comforting to know that such smart professionals are taking care of my coins. image
  • Options

<< <i>While my last 2 submissions were super fast, the one I have in there now looks like more normal timeframe.

I sent in a box of 10 ASE sets unopened; received by PCGS on 10/23. It shows they received the box, but they must not have opened it yet as the number of coins in the submission still shows 0. I called just to check and they said not to worry they have my submission and all looks ok on the submission.

This is probably a good time to mention what a great job all of the graders do. They probably all deserve a raise. Its comforting to know that such smart professionals are taking care of my coins. image >>

agreed, Richard.... I seldom question the grading. (well except for 70... I am not a believer in PERFECT COINS)

I read a post this morning and re read Ron's posting on the guidance and I screwed up a little. The delay is my fault.
    submission numbers mailed on 10/10/06

I had them all in the same box, did not label the mint boxes with the word "BULK", and a host of other issues.
    image ... my bad !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file