Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this '63 Mantle trimmed?

Looks nice, good seller (but mostly lower end stuff - who seems to do a lot of graded). I blew up the scan of the back and the top edge looks questionable. I guess I'll pass, but too bad because it is nicely centered.

Auction Link
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the same card?

linky

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I've owned a smaller Mantle than the one currently on Ebay. It graded "MinSiz" and then a straight 7. You have to worry about the re-coloring on the '63s as well. Virtually impossible to tell from a scan. The Top/Bottom centering is similar to an 8 and their seems to be plenty of border on the sides.
  • Options
    The border above the #200 looks interseting, perhaps a diamond cut but if so the kiddie-corner border would compensate by being larger. I don't see it here and therefore would be nervous.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    In my opinion, the border above the 200 has an almost rounded look to it. The center sticks out further than the end over the 200. I don't see how a striaght blade on a topps factory machine could possibly do that...just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I thought too - right over the 200. Looks like the same thing on the graded card too. Thanks fellas.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    it looks almost to bright yellow for me..i dont know to much about this set but it seema alot brighter than the slabbed one.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    the bright yellow is probably from his scanner, camera or photo editing software.