Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quick help with SGS...

Are they worth a company as far as grading goes. Overgrading? I need opinions asap. Looking at an Ebay auction....
Hey, Im new at this so cut me some slack!!

Comments

• Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    They are amazing, they have a knack for finding every coin worthy of a grade of 70--good luck
  • Options
    Selling Garbage in Slabs.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    This is what I thought. I wasn't sure so I asked the pros. Thanks guys, I do appreicate it. Remember that I am new so, don't know much about the diff. grading companies. I think I will just buy the NCG one I cam across...
  • Options
    if you learn to grade it doesn't matter what slab it's in. If you can't tell the grade, you are basically buying numbers on a piece of plastic. The old saying is "buy the book."
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    I know.... But if I can't see the coin in person I don't feel comfortable buying coins on Ebay. I would rather have it slabbed for me without paying the fees. Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run.
  • Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    If its a modern, you may want to grab a PCGS, NGC has more than its fair share of 70s as well when it comes to moderns.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I thought their name was SGS MS70

and they put coins pm holders identifying year and type

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file