Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

dealer located in Las Vegas?

I just relocated to the city and am looking for good honest dealers located in the Vegas area. Do you know any?image
PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• Options
    I hate to toot my own horn, but.....
    Allgood Coin in St George, UT (1 hour 45 min. away)
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I live in Vegas,and you need to turn on your PM function.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    I haven't been there in a few years, but Sahara Coins had a great selection.

They were located about 2 miles west of the north end of the strip.
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't been there in a few years, but Sahara Coins had a great selection.

They were located about 2 miles west of the north end of the strip. >>

I was going to go in there before, when I found it, but they close a bit early (4 or 5pm or something) and it looked like a damn prison (bars on the windows/doors). Almost looked like a "call ahead" kind of place.
    I could be totally offbase here as I was just so turned off that I turned around and walked away. As I left, I saw some people leaving so I know it was "open" at the time.

Never been to a coinshop where you had to be buzzed in in order to look around.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I haven't been there in a few years, but Sahara Coins had a great selection.

They were located about 2 miles west of the north end of the strip. >>

I was going to go in there before, when I found it, but they close a bit early (4 or 5pm or something) and it looked like a damn prison (bars on the windows/doors). Almost looked like a "call ahead" kind of place.
    I could be totally offbase here as I was just so turned off that I turned around and walked away. As I left, I saw some people leaving so I know it was "open" at the time.

Never been to a coinshop where you had to be buzzed in in order to look around. >>

Besides for Sahara Coins there is a shop inside the Riviera hotel and one on the Boulder Highway near Sahara Avenue. The numerous pawn shops throughout the valley often carry coins as well.

It's not uncommon to be "buzzed in" to a coin shop. I believe there are more shops than not that "buzz" people in. Visit the offices of most of the major coin dealers and you'll find that they control their doors just like many of the smaller coin shops do.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    <<Never been to a coinshop where you had to be buzzed in in order to look around. >>

Ron, you need to get out more, then.image The buzzer is a good extra bit of security.
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Definitely go see Wes at Allgood in St. George.

Well worth the drive.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<Never been to a coinshop where you had to be buzzed in in order to look around. >>

Ron, you need to get out more, then.image The buzzer is a good extra bit of security. >>

Not saying it isn't good for security, and I agree I need to get out more image, but the 5-6 I have been to around here have had open doors and people at the counters.

Sorry, but the Sahara one in LV just didn't seem too friendly (dark windows, bars everywhere, the buzzer....etc). I had a couple grand in my pocket (small potatoes, I know) at the time I went there...just for spending on coins if I found them. Instead, the RIO was much more friendly to me (Fire bets at the craps table image ).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Three years ago we didn't have a buzzer on our door. Then a man walked in and shot and killed Jordan and cleaned out the safe. We now have a buzzer, multiple color digital video, panic buttons and several guns. None of which we had before.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Frank and Dawn at DEI Numismatics Las Vegas (800) 208-1810. I meet Frank at the Vegas Show this weekend and they do sell some quality coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file