Home Sports Talk
Options

Romo looks 10x better than bledsoe

He can move!

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Good win tonight against the super bowl champs.urrrrrr Panthers. Romo threw just one pick which is like 10 less than
    Bledsoe, which is good. The running game won you the game. Im not sold on Homo yet,but still an impressive win.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Good win tonight against the super bowl champs.urrrrrr Panthers. Romo threw just one pick which is like 10 less than
    Bledsoe, which is good. The running game won you the game. Im not sold on Homo yet,but still an impressive win.

JS >>

lol bucs should try and trade for him, maybe gruden could save his job.
  • Options

<< <i>Im not sold on Romo yet,but still an impressive win. >>

Me either, I will give him a few more games to make a judgement. Give the other teams some tape of him and see if they can figure him out. Hopefully this is the start of something good!
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    You rarely find out whether a QB prospect "has it" in a "few more games." Romo seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders (I mean in terms of attitude, approach to the game, etc.) and he's shown a lot more physical talent than you would expect from an undrafted FA. He's still not polished, so there will be ups and downs and he'll make some bad decisions, but he's the only real QB prospect they've found since Troy retired. The rest of them should have stayed in AA ball (literally).
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Romo looks 10x better than bledsoe >>

From what I saw of him last night, I agree. Very poised, got the ball out quick, I am excited.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Yep after one game let us all anoint him as the next Elway. I remember when he came out of college there was a push by some in the Bear's organization to draft this kid and they decided not too, but I've been watching him since then out of curiosity. I hope it makes it big time, but I will watch from a distance after one game rather than hitch a ride on the band wagon. Of course first time he loses and throws 3 interceptions or plays badly the band wagon will empty real quick. image
  • Options
    The one thing I like about Romo is that he gets T.O. involved more than Bledsoe did. By throwing to Owens a little more it open the middle up for Witten and Fasano. It is about time that they started using the TE's more.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned the improved play by the offensive line?

That to me is the biggest difference...last week, even with Romo in there, they weren't getting any blocking done, and weren't providing any pass protection. Last night, they were blasting open huge holes...did you see the TD run by Jones up the gut? Essentially untouched into the end zone from 10+ yards out.

But agreed, TO is his favorite target (and rightfully so).
  • Options
    Ax- i dont think it was that much improved they still got in on almost play, he just is able to move around.
  • Options
    The offensive line was much better last night than last week. They actually were able to stop Carolina... that was the main difference.