Home Sports Talk
Options

BIG BEN IS GARBAGE

4 ints already...

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awful day for Ben. I'm surprised Cowher even let him start today.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4 ints already... >>

Yes, he's played like garbage all year long, as has the team. If you're a Raider fan, you have a decent defense, but your offense, including Moss, sucks...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole Pittsburgh team is not looking good let alone Big Ben. Losing to Oakland..........image
  • Options
    I know, this one pretty much destroys Pittsburgh's season. It hurts to know that they only gave up 89 YARDS!

Edit: 98 yards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The concussion had to be the factor today....why didn't they just protect ben and start batch?

Raiders had 63 total yards of offense - 63!
  • Options

<< <i>

Yes, he's played like garbage all year long, as has the team. If you're a Raider fan, you have a decent defense, but your offense, including Moss, sucks... >>

raiders 20

Steelers 13

Outcome: Raiders win

TY

IS IT TIME TO WORRY YET?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The concussion had to be the factor today....why didn't they just protect ben and start batch?

Raiders had 63 total yards of offense - 63! >>

This is the great mystery. I don't think Charlie Batch is much of a step down from a HEALTHY Roethlisberger, and I think he's clearly better than a dinged up Roethlisberger. If Ben is truly their quarterback of the future they should have given him ample time to let his brain/appendix/whatever heal from the offseason and just given Batch the job for the first 8 weeks.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes, he's played like garbage all year long, as has the team. If you're a Raider fan, you have a decent defense, but your offense, including Moss, sucks... >>

raiders 20

Steelers 13

TY

IS IT TIME TO WORRY YET? >>

Yeah, it's time to worry, but we'll be comforted by the fact that we just won the Super Bowl 9 months ago. Nice win by the Raiders, but they ain't reachin' the Super Bowl any time soon...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The concussion had to be the factor today....why didn't they just protect ben and start batch?

Raiders had 63 total yards of offense - 63! >>

This is the great mystery. I don't think Charlie Batch is much of a step down from a HEALTHY Roethlisberger, and I think he's clearly better than a dinged up Roethlisberger. If Ben is truly their quarterback of the future they should have given him ample time to let his brain/appendix/whatever heal from the offseason and just given Batch the job for the first 8 weeks. >>

The ironic thing about sports, especially modern day sports, is that you don't really have much a timeframe to produce. Roethlisberger's been on top of the world since he's been a rookie and the Super Bowl, even though he played poorly, only enhanced his early career legend status, if you will. That being said, if he fails to produce this year and next, they'll be calling for his head already...
  • Options
    Honestly guys, you're defending a guy who really, truly isn't very good. Last year he had very few "good" games, he just happens to play on a team that is perfect for him. Sure he won the Super Bowl, but so did Doug Williams. If you're a Steelers fan, forget about today's game I'm referring to the team in general, things don't look good. Then again you won the Super Bowl last year, so you don't have anything to complain about. I just can't stand when people try to blame the concussion or the motorcycle accident on this guys poor year--he is simply not a very good QB, and without Bettis they just aren't going to get those crucial 3rd and ones that destroy the defense on the other side.
    Just my thoughts,
    Jay
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    While I don't think he's the qb god that everyone made him out to be, he's definitely a better qb than the one who was out there today. That concussion less than a week ago, throw in a cross country flight, and you end up with what you saw today.

They definitely should have sat him, and let batch play today.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

raiders 20

Steelers 13

TY

Yeah, it's time to worry, but we'll be comforted by the fact that we just won the Super Bowl 9 months ago. Nice win by the Raiders, but they ain't reachin' the Super Bowl any time soon... >>

When the refs hand the raiders a ring, Ill PM you
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

raiders 20

Steelers 13

TY

Yeah, it's time to worry, but we'll be comforted by the fact that we just won the Super Bowl 9 months ago. Nice win by the Raiders, but they ain't reachin' the Super Bowl any time soon... >>

When the refs hand the raiders a ring, Ill PM you >>

You have to get there first. The Raiders have been nothing but a lame joke of a franchise for the last 10-12 years, save for the year they made the Super Bowl a fews ago and got promptly smoked. Enjoy your 4-12 season this year and go out and sign another overrated free agent, much along the lines of Randy Moss and Lamont Jordan. I saw him play the whole game yesterday (Moss), boy, it doesn't even look like he's interested in football anymore. Nice 'hero' to look up to there...