Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Funny looking lines on the card, any idea? Jim Brown Rookie.

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. Does anyone have any idea what these lines are on the side of the card are? Looks like marker to me, but PSA did not designate the card as being marked? I e-mailed the seller and asked him for a scan and he provided one for me, and the lines are still present. Any ideas? I am seriously interested in this card, but it looks fishy to me.

Thanks,
Jeff

Link

Comments

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I am trying to attach the scan the seller sent me, with any luck I'll get it!

Jeff
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    E-mail the seller again and ask him if the black lines are present on the card. Could just be the guys scanner.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    me thinks its the scanner
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I e-mailed the seller and I hope to get a responce shortly. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get one. If this is not the scanner, would this bother you about owning the card?

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Options
    Seller reports that the dark lines are from his scanner, and that he needs to clean it?

Good feedback score, sounds legit to me. Am I overlooking anything?

Thanks!
    Jeff
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    You have nothing to worry about bidding on that card. I remember the seller (harley-truck) was on a mad buying spree about a year ago, maybe less. Always got great reviews from sellers. And, for what it's worth, I trust PSA cards graded during that era (the red in the flip is rounded at the corners, not square) more than any other. And by trust I mean this era seemed to feature the most accurate grades and the least amount of altered cards slipping by.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Jeff, that's a beautiful Brown RC. Good luck, let us know how you make out! image

Arthur