Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone been to a mall show lately?

I haven't been to any kind of card show in over a year and I saw there was one near a local mall so I decided to give it a shot. I soon remembered why I haven't gone to one in a while. I've been out of the loop for so long that I didn't recognize 90% of the cards there. It's near the Cleveland area too so I saw every Lebron James card ever made. There was one dealer that blew everyone else away. He had a 33 Goudey Ruth and a T206 Cobb plus stacks of other good stuff. His prices were average for a high end dealer which means they were too high for my liking. Just as I was getting ready to leave, I saw one dealer with a lot of new stuff and right in the middle of it all was a T206 Hooks Wiltse PSA 2 that had a Sweet Caporal back. He actually wanted a price for it that was lower than what I figured it would get on Ebay. Then I saw up in the corner of his case he had a 1951 Topps Red Back Bob Feller GAI 9. I picked up both cards for way below SMR. I'd rather the Feller be a PSA 9 but for the price, I went with it. I searched ebay and there is nothing for this Feller graded by PSA or GAI. It's the first GAI card I've ever owned. Does anyone have any idea what it would sell for? SMR for a PSA 9 is $375. It also is the 1st Graded, I don't know if that means anything to collector's.

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    According to vintagecardprices.com a GAI 9 Feller sold for 133.50 on ebay on 10.1.06
    It too was first graded, so it looks like your seller did a quick flip.
    Feller GAI 9

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    same buyer bought the Wiltse for 30.99 on 9.20.06
    Wiltse auction

Sorry if this sounds like a plug (not meant to), but vcp rocks for stuff like this. Both were the same cards you bought.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Wow, really cool. Same card. I'll check out that vcp.