Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Set building question

82 st. louis cardinals. If i wanted to build a psa graded set with ALL the 82 starters in Topps. How brutal is that going
to end up being. Not send in for grading or anything like that, just to buy from someone else who sent
them in.

btw, the last pack of cards i bought had a Joe Montana rookie in it image

Comments

• Options
    www.sportlots.com is a great site for singles.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>www.sportlots.com is a great site for singles.

Red >>

Does that site sell graded cards??
  • Options
    Just raw but it's a good site to pick up singles to finish sets. I would say that most sellers are accurate with the grading of cards. They are raw only but I think they do some auctions of graded. I haaven't been on there in a while. I used it to finish a bunch of raw sets.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    thanks, will check that site out. was just wondering if there are any players that are unobtainable for
    a modest budget.
    i'm a coin collector and that's kind of how it is with different series. one or two stoppers in there usually prevent
    me from completing a set,
    and with the 82 cards being the best team ever...............

got caught up in the series this year and decided to put together a set of 82 and now 06 cardinals. i want to purchase them
    graded since i don't know anything about cards.

sure wish i hadn't squandered some of the cards i had when i was a kid. it was football cards from the 70's.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking to commemorate that year's team, it might be a good idea to assemble the '83 set, instead (or in addition to the '82), as it would have some key guys like Willie McGee and Ozzie Smith in Cards' uniforms, unlike the regular '82 set. Or maybe try to pick up some of the Cardinals singles from the 1982 Traded set, in addition to the regular '82 team set.

All things considered, you shouldn't have any major trouble in this endeavor.
  • Options

Hmmmm. Cullen Bryant??? Where have I heard that name before????

Good luck with the '82 Cardinals Team set. Shouldn't be too bad as there are quite a few graded '82's out there due to Ripkin's RC being in the set. You should do the traded set as well as I think Ozzie has a card in there!

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets