Home Metal Detecting
Options

I am wanting to get started Metal Detecting...any advice?

I would like to get started in metal detecting and would like some advice on where to get started, any tips you would feel like sharing. Right now I have a very limited budget, but I know I would like a detector that is reasonably reliable, can distinquish between metals and can read a decent depth. If anyone knows of a $100-$130 detector that they have had decent luck with, let me know and anything else I would need to get started as well. I appreciate any help, tips, secrets about where to look for "Buried Treasure" and any stories you may have as well. Please feel free to post here or IM me and I thank all of you for your time. John
Johnathan German

Comments

• Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Check out the Garrett 250, last i saw it was on sale for $214.99 that included s&h, but normally it runs $250 and most people on here recommend that one, easy to use and works just fine.

Garrett Link

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    Hurry, before winter sets in!!! Find a local dealer and renrt one for a weekend. Find out how they work.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip.
    Johnathan German