My Website
---------------------------------------------
ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
TOP 50 PEACE VAMS

Comments

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    That doesn't look like a PCGS MS67 coin to me. More like a cleaned AU coin in an Whitman plastic holder.

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Its not a PCGS MS67. The title is very misleading. All it states is the value of a PCGS MS67. Whoever gets this coin is going to flip!
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    ~Coin looks fine... BUT Packaging and coin case REEKS of cigarette smoke!

~Reply by frankilncoins: I don't understand I don't smoke. Left negitive with out contacting me 4 refund?

~Rating Mutually Withdrawn: Buyer and seller mutually agreed to withdraw feedback for this item.

The sellers only neg was withdrawn, but I got a good idea where the smoke came from...all the hot deals!
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Seller is a total scammer.
    Using keyword spamming and a totally deceptive description.

Reported to ebay.
    I hope they catch it before it closes!image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭✭
    And -- there is absolutely no right of return.

All they promise is that you get the coin in the photo. Whoopee -- you get a $14 coin for $449.

A very, very deceptive ebay listing.

• << <i>"I'AM NOT TRYING TO PLACE A VALUE OR GRADE ON THIS COIN" >>

, as

PCGS MS67 TRENDS $1,600.00 screams at you!image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Why didn't he post what a MS-69 coin would bring

from the price list. He could of made more money.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • I am reporting these "PCGS" in the title auctions. I am sick of them and they are going to cost someone 400 bucks in this case...
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...the auction is at over $440...only about $425 too much for a cleaned AU. L
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked the scammer what was the grade on his holdered coin.
    Waiting.......and still waiting on Sunday as well.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Not even a good deal at $16 let alone $1600
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Would someone please contact the winning bidder and let him know that the coin might not be/probably is not in a PCGS MS67 holder? Please don't call the seller a sacmmer or anything like that, though. As sometimes happens, I was bloccked by Ebay from doing so myself or would have. Thanks.
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That doesn't look like a PCGS MS67 coin to me. More like a cleaned AU coin in an Whitman plastic holder. >>

That's exactly what it is !!

• << <i>Would someone please contact the winning bidder and let him know that the coin might not be/probably is not in a PCGS MS67 holder? Please don't call the seller a sacmmer or anything like that, though. As sometimes happens, I was bloccked by Ebay from doing so myself or would have. Thanks. >>

PM sent:

Hi,

I just noticed you won an item titled '1886 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PCGS MS67 TRENDS $1,600.00'. I just wanted to warn you (if you didn't already know) that the coin is probably not MS67, nor in a PCGS holder. The title is poorly worded, even though the seller makes no claim in the description about the grade. Hopefully you'll be happy with the coin, but I did want to make you aware.
    If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

-- Adam Duritz, of Counting Crows

My Ebay Auctions

<< <i>

<< <i>Would someone please contact the winning bidder and let him know that the coin might not be/probably is not in a PCGS MS67 holder? Please don't call the seller a sacmmer or anything like that, though. As sometimes happens, I was bloccked by Ebay from doing so myself or would have. Thanks. >>

PM sent:

Hi,

I just noticed you won an item titled '1886 MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR PCGS MS67 TRENDS $1,600.00'. I just wanted to warn you (if you didn't already know) that the coin is probably not MS67, nor in a PCGS holder. The title is poorly worded, even though the seller makes no claim in the description about the grade. Hopefully you'll be happy with the coin, but I did want to make you aware.
    >>

Thank you.
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭
    Somebody just got screwed outta $450...........

Cleaned AU at best, worth a little over melt........

MS67 Indeed.....errr.....MY A$$ image

TorinoCobra71

• The seller also has no return policy. If the winning bidder has already paid, then he/she has just been scammed out of $450.
    I contacted the seller and received this reply:

"Thank you for the info and I just got home and seen what had happened. This was not my intentions to miss lead anyone. I would not do that to nobody I am an honest person. I should have proofed the listing befor I subminted it. and if I would have I would have seen how it looked and changed it. I did refund the buyers payment. The listing was accidentally a mistake.
    And by the way I do have nice coins and will give refund when someone is not happy.
    Thanks"
    Commendable, if he follows through. But look at his previous listings of so called MS67 Morgans in crappy holders with PCGS prices for support. This tells much more about his character.
    And his previous winners called him on it and he took the crap back. Pulleez.

He wasn't try to fool "nobody." In logical english this means he was trying to fool everybody. Nice coins for sale? Hardly.

roadrunner
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very deceptive listing to a newb. Another seller using PCGS pricing info, makes me sick. I tried contacting the buyer, but Feebay wouldn't let me. On the other hand, I or anyone else in the know, would stay away from this one. I agree with the rest of you on the condition, cleaned AU.

MORGANS
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • He earned a few formal complaints on this one. Maybe he will get the message eventually... image
  • The buyer just contacted me through Ebay:

Thank you for you email. You are the second member to advise me. I emailed the seller and he has refunded my money. You and the other member also must have purchased something and got suckered. Thanks again, I will stay away from this guy.

So I guess the seller refunded the money. All's well that ends well, I always say. image The buyer learned a valuable lesson.
    If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

My Ebay Auctions

<< <i>The buyer just contacted me through Ebay:

Thank you for you email. You are the second member to advise me. I emailed the seller and he has refunded my money. You and the other member also must have purchased something and got suckered. Thanks again, I will stay away from this guy.

So I guess the seller refunded the money. All's well that ends well, I always say. image The buyer learned a valuable lesson. >>

And hopefully the seller did too - I can dream, can't I?
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lousy pics should have been a red flag, a crap pick was used to cover up the AU condition.

morgans
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

• << <i>

<< <i>The buyer just contacted me through Ebay:

So I guess the seller refunded the money. All's well that ends well, I always say. image The buyer learned a valuable lesson. >>

And hopefully the seller did too - I can dream, can't I? >>

Well, he's gotten at least one message from a member, and he knows that other members made his buyer aware, so hopefully he'll take the hint! image

My Ebay Auctions
    No deception intended. Carry on. image

roadrunner
  • Unfortunately, because of the way Ebay operates, it's difficult (as I guess Mark can attest to) to out-and-out call someone a scammer and come out unscathed. You have to use diplomatic language like "the auction title is poorly worded", rather than, "This lying sleazeball is trying to steal your money".

My Ebay Auctions
  • rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to wonder about the mentality of the bidders also. Who with any coin knowlege would bid on such an item over bullion value? $15 is an overpayment on the con(sic) shown.

• << <i>Who with any coin knowlege would bid on such an item over bullion value? $15 is an overpayment on the con(sic) shown. >>

That's the key: "with any coin knowledge". It's easy for a newbie to get on Ebay and get fleeced, particularly if he/she is flying solo. I could easily imagine a situation where someone inherits their grandmother's old coins, says, "Hey, these are neat!", and decides to start a collection. When you have more money than experience it's easy enough to get roped in -- particularly by someone who's actively trying to screw you. It sounds to me like the bidder had just enough knowledge to get in over his head. Is it partially his fault for not getting the knowledge first? Well, yeah. But the guy who laid the landmine has more responsibility than the guy who steps on it, IMHO.

My Ebay Auctions
  • scam scam scam
  • I had this one on my watch list for a short time. I dumped it out, because it seemed deceptive. If it was legit, he would have definately showed a pic of the PCGS label.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file