Home Metal Detecting

Wide A M

Have any of you seen the wide A M pennies? I've been faithfully checking the years 99, 00, & 01 but I haven't seen one yet. Ok, maybe I have and didn't know it. image My thought has been if I train my eyes to see what is normal, then what is abnormal will jump out at me, make sense? Mary
Be Still and Know

Comments

• kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭
    I've found two of the 98's, three of the 2000's and only one of the 1999's so far.
  • I have found 3 2000, and 2 1998 in the last two weeks. But I have gone through about seventy dollars in pennies. Also found 1 1995 double die and around fifty wheat cents all from the forties and fifties.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    What is a wide A M and a close(?) A M? I have heard of this before but I have never seen or inquired as to what it is?
    Thanks,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Proof dies were used by mistake on some buisness strike coins in 98, 99, & 00. They have a wide space between the A & M in america. Also the designers initials are closer to the memorial on the reverse. Hope this helps.
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Heres some pics and info.

Wide AM cent
  • Thanks Dock, that site was very helpful. I had been looking for spacing in the wrong area, I thought the incorrect width was between the M and the E. I have JARS of pennies that I'm going to need to re-examine. image
    Be Still and Know