Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

David Eckstein RC

Ebay didn't waste any time - they're out there - how hot will he be? Hot! How long? I give up.

I will say - I liked him with the Angels - he's 5 foot nothing - has a weak arm - chokes up on the bat - which of course - no self-respecting power hitter would ever dream of doing! Is as scrappy as Pete Rose and hustles like Rose.

If you've never seen this guy play? You're missing out. He plays hard ALL the time - he's the new Charlie Hustle IMO.

He hit a homer in Game 1 - crack of the bat, bat drops, head drops and a quick trot around the bases - no grandstanding a la Bonds/Griffey - just good ole fashion baseball behavior.

I was happy to see him win the MVP over one of those over-pumped power hitters.

He's my new Mr. October! Arod? Mr Oc-Never!

mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    I was happy to see Eckstein get the MVP too. He and Yadier Molina had a surprisingly large impact on the World Series. Eckstein is a great non-power batter.

Doug
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>chokes up on the bat - which of course - no self-respecting power hitter would ever dream of doing! >>

Bonds chokes up. Not sure if you were serious or not. Then again, I don't know if he has any self respect anyway...
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>chokes up on the bat - which of course - no self-respecting power hitter would ever dream of doing! >>

Bonds chokes up. Not sure if you were serious or not. Then again, I don't know if he has any self respect anyway... >>

Shag

I was actually being facetious - I know Bonds chokes up.

What I was alluding to - is the guy who shifts gears while hitting based on the situation.

Eck e.g. - will choke up extra - tomahawk - i.e. - hit thru the high fast ball just trying to make contact for the hit - also - making the adjustment and going the other way.

A lot of high priced power hitters just swing away - strike out or whatever - and go sit down - feeling like they did their job.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Eck is definately a fun player to watch. The modern day Phil Rizzuto? And did you see that Corvette he got for being the WS MVP?? NICE

I am happy for the St Louis Cardinals. A series very well pitched but I the difference was the Tigers defensive falters. I think all the young guys just didnt have the nerve...but watch out for them over the next 3-4 years! Now that they have been there, I doubt they will make the same mistakes!
  • Options
    I think somebody in las vegas made a bundle on this world series to mant easy errors made to think this was on the up and up.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Hey Arod chokes too...o wait nevermind
  • Options

<< <i>

Bonds chokes up. Not sure if you were serious or not. Then again, I don't know if he has any self respect anyway... >>

Arthur
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Eckstein rolling around in a $80,000.00 505 HP Corvette Z06?! Nice. I'm glad he won MVP. Kinda of reminds me how Mark Lemke probably would have won the 1991 World Series MVP had the Braves beaten the Minnesota Twins.

/s/ JackWESQ