Home Sports Talk
Options

Looks like Cards are gonna pull this out!

good, go st. louis bye bye tigers!!!

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    and in the end....Eckstein and Weaver.

the dynamic duo image

who woulda thunk it?

congrats Cards fan(s)
  • Options
    Congrats Cards fans image

To think that this team was 83 and 78 (.516) in the regular season...image
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I do believe . . . it is now football season.

Nice job Cardinals, you were clearly the better team.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I do believe . . . it is now football season.

Nice job Cardinals, you were clearly the better team. >>

Well, it's football season somewhere--- but, being Lions/Spartans fans (sigh), I think the season has already passed us by.

What a drag. I don't mind the Cards winning the WS, but to see the Tigers lose by playing so badly was kind of upsetting. It's one thing to lose, and it's another to give it away.
  • Options
    <<Well, it's football season somewhere--- but, being Lions/Spartans fans (sigh), I think the season has already passed us by. >>

Yeah, it's kind of depressing to realize that tomorrow when I wake up the most exciting thing in my sports life will be . . . MSU vs. Indiana.

Even more painful when I have a pair of tix to game 6 and game 7 sitting on top of the fridge.

I guess I can put the cash into some cards?
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Cards fans. Thanks for making me wish I had been born on the other side of the state. image
    Travis
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Card fans.

For those who were claiming that STL would be "lucky just to win one game", how would you like your crow image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats Card fans.

For those who were claiming that STL would be "lucky just to win one game", how would you like your crow image >>

Fried. It probably taste like chicken (overused analogy)
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The time off definitely crushed the tigers, and the pressure really hurt too.

Hey stown, moron, I didn't see your sorry ass making any predictions....but I guess some of us would rather make predictions, and some of you would rather sit back like a chicken chit and make fun of those with the stones to actually take a risk.
  • Options
    Well, everybody that said Detroit in 5 was rightimage
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The time off definitely crushed the tigers, and the pressure really hurt too.

Hey stown, moron, I didn't see your sorry ass making any predictions....but I guess some of us would rather make predictions, and some of you would rather sit back like a chicken chit and make fun of those with the stones to actually take a risk. >>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not only did I predict STL in 6 but you even responded with your worthless two cents, as usual

World Series Poll

<< <i>

<< <i>I like STL in 6.

Not that I'm a biased NLer from the Central or anything image >>

hah

St. Louis will be fortunate to win one game, and it's likely to be game one due to Detroit's rust.

Tigers in 5. >>

OWNED!!!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Has Axtey ever been right in anything?

Congrats to the Cards!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    <<but I guess some of us would rather make predictions, and some of you would rather sit back like a chicken chit and make fun of those with the stones to actually take a risk.>>

Well, he's right about that.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i><<Well, it's football season somewhere--- but, being Lions/Spartans fans (sigh), I think the season has already passed us by. >>

Yeah, it's kind of depressing to realize that tomorrow when I wake up the most exciting thing in my sports life will be . . . MSU vs. Indiana.

Even more painful when I have a pair of tix to game 6 and game 7 sitting on top of the fridge.

I guess I can put the cash into some cards? >>

Well, at least our mighty Spartans are rolling!!!
  • Options
    AH victory is sweet! The cardinals had the most injuries outside the yankess.....Pujols was the glue that kept that team together....it toook game 3 in the world series for them to finally have lineup of pujols edmunds rolen....like old times!! This series proves why Pujols was the MVP...if pujols would have batted a little worse with runners in scoring position (say .250 in HOward territory), they may have lost 2 more games throughout the year, and may not have made the playoffs...by winning just enough games to get in, Pujols gave the Cards a chance...and a chance is all they needed as they jelled at the right time!

Pujols may have not had a huge avg in the world series because he was pitched around frequently, but his presence and his OBA kept the pressure constantly on the Tigers.....NOt to Mention Pujols was SUPERB in the field, making the routine AND the SPECTACULAR plays...come on , between the legs 1 hopper, Unbelievable!

Y molina deserved MVP more than eckstein, guy was dialed in at the plate and was great calling the games...how many SB for DETROIT =0
  • Options