Home Sports Talk
Options

Time to say good bye for a while....

Fellas, its been fun, but I am going to take a break from posting for a while...time to get some balance back! I've been a slave to buying/selling in general and I just have to get away from things for a while. I've been posting quite a bit for me lately too, and it has been fun, but time is a premium I don't want to lose.

I enjoy bantering with you guys even though many don't adhere to a lot of what I write. If you have disagreed with my topics, or just are reluctant to accept/embrace, or if you haven't followed the sport to the same degree, I ask to keep an open mind and explore further.

There is a whole other level out there, with a whole lot of interesting information. Next time you hear an announcer, fan, or player make a comment, and if you have read some of my items, then you are at least partially armed with a little more objective information when your brain digests what is going on in front of you. Take a step back, remember, and just realize that there is a lot more information than what the typical cliche's explain.

Enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    enjoy the respite
  • Options
    vacations are needed and nice.

Enjoy.

Lee
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the break Skinpinch.

You're right, I try to keep an open mind but disagree with a lot of what you have to say. Sometimes I feel you can make numbers say anything you want them too.

But your arguements are definately not below the belt, and are extremely lucid, well thought out, and respectful.

Hope to see you back soon.

shawn
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, spending too much time posting and reading on internet forums can be addicting. At least for me it's better than blowing my money gambling, which is the way I used to waste my time, and my money. And at least "wasting my time" here is free, plus admittedly it's often fun. Now you'll have to excuse me, I've got some more posts to do - LOL.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Skinpinch,

I will miss you but certainly understand the need for time off. I hope you will eventually come back. You have been a member since 2002, so you have some roots here.

I enjoyed your posts and insights into determining the value of a player. I understood what you were pointing out. A good sense of mathematics, great analytical skills and objectivity can carry a person far in this world not only in baseball talk.

Take Care!

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    skin,

I will be the first to admit that you have significantly toned down your posts and I've come to enjoy reading them (regardless if I agree or not). You give a very unique perspective which is an asset to the board (even when you are being a pomous arse hole image )

Good luck.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only Axhole would take a break, too, but no, he has no life, I forgot, 13K posts and counting. What a loser, posting on here morning, noon and night!

And watch him post below, he just can't help his pathetic self...

Countdown!

Here's Axhole:

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree Skip does bring alot to the table. Come back soon buddy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Best wishes Skinpinch -
    I hope all is well and remains so...
    --greg
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out!

Good-bye and good riddence! If you can't stand the heat, then get the heII out of the kitchen!

Just kidding ... hope to see you back soon ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"