Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Finds and stats from a recent bulk lot purchase

I won 5lbs of bulk foreign recently which I just finished sorting through. It came not from the usual bulk dealers, but from someone who did not typically sell coins. In the photo on the auction I saw a few large cents (figured GB, but wasn't sure) so I thought I'd give it a shot. Not a bad lot overall, found some nice items that more than paid for the whole lot.

Some of the highlights (no pictures yet, maybe I'll get around to that later):
6 Australian Large Pennys 1913, 1915H, 1919, 1935, 1942, 1943. The 1915 is in at least VF, the 13 and 19 are both F.

The only Canadian coin in the lot was a VF 1900 large cent.

Cuban 1915 10 Centavos, 1943 Australian schilling, 1917 GB 3 Pence, a nice 1940 Iceland 5 Aurar in XF, two nice Mexican 25 centavos from the 50s, 1909 Switzerland 20 Rappen in VF, 1855 Prussian 2 Pfennig in at least VF.

420 coins altogether (not cointing about 30 Asian I haven't attributed yet) with 9 silver. 4 Chinese Cash coins I haven't attributed yet either. 3 coins in the 1800s (oldest being the 1855 Prussian), and a nice even mix from all the decades of the 1900s. The newest coin was 1998.

Nothing earth shattering, but I think a better than usual mix. I am happy and had tons of fun going through these. I don't buy bulks often, but as I do I'll keep doing these stats as at least I find them interesting. I'd be interested to see what others are finding in their bulk lots.

Comments

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bummer for the Buckeye!
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I wish I could find a good bulk seller I have confidence in.

Not looking for anything extraordinary, just fair, a good assortment, not 90% this or 90% that...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato