Home Metal Detecting
Options

U.S. Box Plate and assorted relics...

I believe this was in early October 06, it was a great day I met some friends fron T-NET for a hunt steve "gribnitz" and brian "bcs123" came up here...
I got 2 box plates 1 a def. US box plate the other too beat up to tell.... we found lots of relics and bullets.. I got 2 small caliber bullets I have never found before and we found 2 toe taps.
Squeezed out an 1839-O seated dime too... and other misc finds!!

10,000 light years from knowhere, our planet shot to pieces, people starving, and I'm gonna get us in trouble!!

Comments

• Options
    Got any pics?? I hunted and rode with Steve at the GRD hunt in Virginia.
  • Options
    i didnt realize most of my posts the pics never made it... here they are!!
    10,000 light years from knowhere, our planet shot to pieces, people starving, and I'm gonna get us in trouble!!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the pics.

Wow, one day I will find a Civil War belt or box plate, maybe.

Interestingly, the only military plate I've ever found was a rare War of 1812 Light Dragoons plate, possibly only the second or third intact specimen known, so I guess I can't complain. But I still envy the fellas who find CW plates.

Maybe I'll get a Rev War plate. I'd like that. Somebody found a French breastplate north of here. I think it is unique.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.