Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Holy s#!t! 3-1 Cards. Let's go Weaver!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did all of the Tiger fans go?? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Where did all of the Tiger fans go?? image >>

Does not look good that is for sure. They have to win three in a row.

At our house we have already resigned ourselves to "well, it was a great season overall but its
    time to forget the world series and move on..." image

I hope I eat those words but I would be very surprised if I do.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Where did all of the Tiger fans go?? image >>

Does not look good that is for sure. They have to win three in a row.

At our house we have already resigned ourselves to "well, it was a great season overall but its
    time to forget the world series and move on..." image

I hope I eat those words but I would be very surprised if I do. >>

That's the great part about baseball. Anything can happen (See 04 ALCS). If the Tigers were playing a team that was dominant all season or red hot down the stretch I would write them off. But the Cards just weren't all that dominant this year to completely rule out a 3 game losing streak. Especially with 2 of those games in Detroit.
    Travis
  • Options
    Tiger fans are still here. We're ok, we've lost a few games before so this isn't any big deal. Whatever happens we will all still be here. This season is a success regardless of the outcome. You have to tip your hat to the Cardinals, they have done a great job.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    <<Where did all of the Tiger fans go?? >>

Yep, we're still here. Just a bit sleepy plus away from the computer because on the way to work today, my windshield was struck by a ball thrown by a Tiger pitcher, so I had to clean up that mess.

And hey Matt my friend, nice title.

Do you really thing the Tigers are in trouble? That's some good insight, who do you think you are, Tim McCarverimage?

I would say if the Tigers don't win game 5, the Cardinals will win the Series.
  • Options

<< <i>I would say if the Tigers don't win game 5, the Cardinals will win the Series >>

OMG you must have called Miss Cleo psychic hotline! image

I hope it goes seven games....it will be more exciting at least.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would say if the Tigers don't win game 5, the Cardinals will win the Series >>

OMG you must have called Miss Cleo psychic hotline! image

I hope it goes seven games....it will be more exciting at least. >>

I agree. The more games the better. Once the series is over I will have to get back to my honey-do list.
    Travis
  • Options
    detroitfan2,one of our pitchers hit a moving target? We need this guy in the next game! I'm going to have to go along with the prediction,we lose game 5 its all over. It would be neat if we could at least take it to game 6 in Detroit and then see what happens.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you really thing the Tigers are in trouble? That's some good insight, who do you think you are, Tim McCarver? >>

Tim McCarver is my mentor. So what if he sounds half lit and calls players by the wrong names as he boldly states the obvious. I wish everyone sounded as good as him.

Yes I am being sarcastic

Ps Tom You will always have 1984 image

matt
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I believe that the last time the Cardinals had a 3-1 lead over the Tigers in a World Series the Tigers went home Champs. image
    Wondo

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    The Tigers would have been beat by any team they faced this series. I cannot believe how awful they are playing. They have handed St. Louis the series on a silver platter. St. Louis certainly is not playing great by any stretch, they are going to simply win by default because the Tigers are playing so awful. Their plate patience is non-existent, the fielding is horrendous... the Pirates would be kicking their ass right now too.

People around here takl about how they were down 3-1 in 1968 and came back to win... big difference, we don't have Mickey Lolich pitching in two of the next 3 games, and Magglio Ordonez is not exactly Al Kaline.

Not quite sure why Leyland didn't start Rogers yesterday so he could have started Game 6 or 7 if it came to that. Questionable managing in a number of situations.

Regardless, the Tigers did an amazing job getting here. I'm satisfied with this season, just ashame that they laid down in the series.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    <<I would say if the Tigers don't win game 5, the Cardinals will win the Series.>>

Did I call that one or what? image

Congratulations to the Cardinals and their fans, there is no doubt that you were the better team.
  • Options
    Well, it was a great season overall for the Tigers and we improved our team for sure. It was tough (and ugly
    at times) to watch the way we played in the Series however. At times I thought, is this the same Tiger team I watched all season? It sure didn't look like the same team that beat the Yankees and A's in the playoffs.
    The NLCS games between the Cards and Mets went down to the wire, I wish the World Series would have
    been a little closer. Maybe next year. Congrats to the Cardinals! We have to give Kenny Rogers an A++
    for his efforts throughout the post season.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Quick question......is the baby's expression from watching the Tigers play???
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quick question......is the baby's expression from watching the Tigers play??? >>

No. I was ripping a bunch of wax boxes and gave her a card to play with. Well she is 6 months old so everything goes in the mouth so before long the card was coming apart. I had to take it and that was her reaction.