Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1965 Koufax PSA 9 Available

In the Andy Madec auction that ended last night a 1965 Koufax PSA 9 went for $8,000 with the juice. Anyone know who the bidders were? I have one available I would like to sell.
View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    David , I think it was an aberation but good luck. The 57 and 62's went over $60,000 each, the next ones will mostly go for less than 15k each. some people have too big an ego and too much money.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    why don't you contact Andy and see if he can broker it for you- I"m sure you'd be way ahead of where you'd be on your own, even paying him a cut.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Already sent Andy an email. I seem to recall another 57 Koufax 9 going for huge dollars recently. I'm not sure how much of an aberration that one was.
  • Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Or just list it on ebay with a BIN.
    Might be worth a shot?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the feedback. Already sent Andy an email. I seem to recall another 57 Koufax 9 going for huge dollars recently. I'm not sure how much of an aberration that one was. >>

That was something like $37k [pre-juice, I think] in the August Mastro
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I think the $37k number is right. Looks like the under bidder from that one and a new entrant duked it out for this one (or the winner of the first wants more than one). It's a tough card to find in high grade so I am not entirely surprised given Koufax's popularity. Unless a large number show up soon, it doesn't look like the price is falling.
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    you guys dont really believe all the realized prices you see i'm sure....image
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    Paul, didn't you coin the term "mastrobation"?

Good to see you back, hope all is well.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I didn't think that anyone based a card's true market value on the "realized prices" garnered by these auction houses, do they???
  • Options
    I had tracked 3 ebay sales of the 65 Koufax in PSA 9: 961/1025/1193

Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options

<< <i>Paul, didn't you coin the term "mastrobation"?

Good to see you back, hope all is well. >>

Anthony its all good. thought i'd concentrate elsewhere
    for a while, yes the ole mastrobate phrase turned into
    a hackneyed expression. i'm certain you are well and
    thank you for remembering me!
  • Options

<< <i> you guys dont really believe all the realized prices you see i'm sure.... >>

?
    Absolutely, I believe the auction amounts.

1. Are you saying consignors are using these auction houses to artificially drive up the market prices by having false winners? If so, these consignors would get hammered by the final commission price.

2. Are you saying that there are a lot of non paying bidders? I think one has to pay to bid and would probably lose the privilege after the first non-paying bidder event?

IMO, there are enough people around with crazy money to pay for this stuff.

Scott
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options
    Scott- I'm certainly not talking about this particular auction, but auctions in general: there are other scenarios that you didn't include.

3. Hidden reserve
    4. bidding against the house (sort of the same as the hidden reserve, just not disclosed in the auction rules)

I'd really like to see auction houses disclosing what lots are owned by the house. It'll never happen, but so far Robert Edward is the only one that states in the rules that the auction house does not own any of the lots.

• Options
    that's not really a mastro advertisement on a PSA board is it ?
    imageimage