Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Will you be a net buyer or seller of DARKSIDE coins for the year 2006?

I'm sure that in the average year, the average collector is a net buyer. But since we're far from average here, I'm curious to know where we stand...
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Definitely a Buyer, But mostly in Medals. It's been a good year.image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Guess I'll be a seller; time to thin the collection drastically. Not that I don't love Darkside, mind you.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Very slightly a net seller. Have used the high prices as a chance to get rid of some less desireable stuff.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Definitely a buyer -- but, like Jester, I do need to start selling some things.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    serious net buyer
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I will be a net buyer. The only time I sell is when I want to upgrade my collection.
  • Options
    Now that I've elimiated almost all of my U.S. coins (there's still a few left) and my junk world coins (still plenty around) I'll be focusing on world coins. I'm more likely to buy from members here than those on eBay, but both have their deals.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    A net seller to be sure, but that is my job!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i am selling off my finished Canadian sets to focus on Maundy Sets, I'll be a net seller.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    net buyer.

even when I sell coins, I end up a net buyer... buy high, sell low!
  • Options

<< <i>net buyer.

even when I sell coins, I end up a net buyer... buy high, sell low! >>

Exactly the same here

Dr J
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I think I've sold a total of one darkside coin, so I will definately be a net buyer.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Net buyer, mainly of tokens (Conder and otherwise) and medals. Haven't sold a single coin in 2 years.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Definitely a net buyer. Only have about 5% to sell at this point...

All others are Keepers.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUYER...not even close

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I'm not sure, since I bought more in quantity while sold more in value. My basset hound costs me too much this year, both in money and energy. image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A net seller to be sure, but that is my job!image >>

So you never buy coins? image I guess you "steal" them, huh? image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Is NET defined in number of coins or in dollars?
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    probably more a buyer