Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Clad Roosevelt question

Who have the best 65 to present Roosevelt registry set in 2004?
Anybody??
Ron

Comments

• Nick had the best set in 2004
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to say 2 different sets were the best.

With FB's its Onlyroosies set.
    W/O FB's it The Michigan Collection, with a close second to White Fang.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    When did Rick pull his set?
    I have to rank his above anyone's but Nicks. He also had the highest % of FB's of any set to this day.
    Dan

<< <i>When did Rick pull his set?
    I have to rank his above anyone's but Nicks. He also had the highest % of FB's of any set to this day. >>

I'm not done yet! imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

<< <i>I'm not done yet! >>

I expect you to someday get right on up there Paul. And lets not forget Tims set. I fully expect his to get very very close to 100% FB someday soon.
    But I only mentioned sets that were 100% complete. Otherwise we would look down the list and find some at 100% now. But you and I know they cant stay that way as they move up.
    Reason?? There is no 1978 FB coin as yet. Plus there are dates that have only one, or two FB's. In which case a collector would need to aquire some coins that are not on the market at this time. In fact some of these low pops may take years to resurface. I dont see my 69 or 76 leaving my set, so more have to be made for those two years.
    I believe Rick was within three coins of being 100% FB, thats quite a feat as you know. I wish he had de-listed his set all at one time, so it would still show in the all time finest sets. image
    Dan

<< <i>I believe Rick was within three coins of being 100% FB, thats quite a feat as you know. I wish he had de-listed his set all at one time, so it would still show in the all time finest sets. image >>

I am now within 2 coins of being at 100% FB minus the empty holes. I will try and maintain my set at this level, but I'm really getting to the tougher years, such as the 1980-P/D and 1990/91-P/D's. I have passed on a few MS68's for these years and should have bought them.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

• << <i>

<< <i>I believe Rick was within three coins of being 100% FB, thats quite a feat as you know. I wish he had de-listed his set all at one time, so it would still show in the all time finest sets. image >>

I am now within 2 coins of being at 100% FB minus the empty holes. I will try and maintain my set at this level, but I'm really getting to the tougher years, such as the 1980-P/D and 1990/91-P/D's. I have passed on a few MS68's for these years and should have bought them.

Later, Paul. >>

You'll have a fine set when your done. A true Roosie love!

• << <i>[

Later, Paul. >>

Plus if the 80's came on the market....I would have to give you a run for them as its getting hard to improve my mint set. image
  • CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
    Well, I do kow that the answer is not me. By the way, can anyone tell me where I can pick-up a 71D or 91D?

Casabrown
    Mr Brown that 91-D is a tough coin to come by in anything above MS66. Since there is only 1 FB (that I know of) the single MS65FB, and no MS68's, the MS67 is top dog for this year.
    I sold the one out of my set about two years ago when the pop was 15 to a forum member needing it in a birth year set for his daughter.
    I told him to make me an offer, and he came back with $260.00. Well I thought, I can make another so why not let him finish his since I was in about 25th place and had tons of time to find another.
    It took me a year and a half to come up on another one to replace it. It's harder to find a 91-D in MS67 than it is to find the 2004-P in 68FB. The pops for these two are about the same, but the 91 has taken 15 years to reach the same pop as the 04-P made in 2 years.
    I know you know all this, being a Roosie collector, but thought some of the other members would find this informative.
    Dan

<< <i>Mr Brown that 91-D is a tough coin to come by in anything above MS66. Since there is only 1 FB (that I know of) the single MS65FB, and no MS68's, the MS67 is top dog for this year.
    I sold the one out of my set about two years ago when the pop was 15 to a forum member needing it in a birth year set for his daughter.
    I told him to make me an offer, and he came back with $260.00. Well I thought, I can make another so why not let him finish his since I was in about 25th place and had tons of time to find another.
    It took me a year and a half to come up on another one to replace it. It's harder to find a 91-D in MS67 than it is to find the 2004-P in 68FB. The pops for these two are about the same, but the 91 has taken 15 years to reach the same pop as the 04-P made in 2 years.
    I know you know all this, being a Roosie collector, but thought some of the other members would find this informative. >>

When Dan60 speaks...people listen! image

I actually found this to be very informative.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

• << <i>Mr Brown that 91-D is a tough coin to come by in anything above MS66. Since there is only 1 FB (that I know of) the single MS65FB, and no MS68's, the MS67 is top dog for this year.
    I know you know all this, being a Roosie collector, but thought some of the other members would find this informative. >>

The 91-D is tough to come by in above 66? Really?

I hate to brag but mine's a MS62. Now I need an upgrade.

I'm always impressed by the knowledge here. Really. I learn something new everyday. ( I mean this a lot better than it sounds!)

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 91-d and the 79-p are the ONLY 2 rooseys I need!!!!

Anyone have them to sell????? Let me know!!!! Please!!!!!

Thanks, Jon
    Why do you think its a fluke that I have NO FB dimes for 1990 & 1991? Because these 2 years are a friggin' joke when it comes to FB's. For these 4 dates/MM's there are only 9 total FB Dimes. Thats it. I doubt that another decent true FB in a 7FB will be made anytime soon for these 2 years. I would bet that it'll be a long time coming. Also 95-D, 1980-P/D, 1986-P/D and 1978/79-P's. I think these are harder then any other years.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • I must agree with you Paul, which is why I am very happy with my 67's
    for all of these dates.
    Ron

Martin's Collection
  • Who is Waldo??
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waldo is the guy who gave me a 1969-P in 63. That's who Waldo is.image

Jon
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    "Who is Waldo"

I always thought it was "Where's Waldo" image

• << <i>"Who is Waldo"

I always thought it was "Where's Waldo" image >>

I'm really difficult to spot in a crowd, although you'd think the horizontally striped shirt would stand out.

• << <i>image >>

That's an old pic, I'm a little gray now.

<< <i>Who have the best 65 to present Roosevelt registry set in 2004? >>

I recieved a message back from Rick, and he said he had the award for the best clad registry set in 2004. He even sent me a copy of the award from PCGS.
    Well done Rick. image
    Dan

<< <i>

<< <i>Who have the best 65 to present Roosevelt registry set in 2004? >>

I recieved a message back from Rick, and he said he had the award for the best clad registry set in 2004. He even sent me a copy of the award from PCGS.
    Well done Rick. image >>

Just because you win an award, doesn't mean you have necessarily the best set. Now don't get me wrong, I think Rick had one incredible set, but I think that had Nick not dismantled his set, His set would be rediculous and completely unapproachable. IMHO I want to say that JHF's set is doable, but you have to really put some sweat into it...and have Mike R. as your best bud!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
    No one is questioning Nicks set Paul, climb down off the soap box.
    I took The question to mean who had been awarded the Best of 2004 by PCGS. This due to the fact that awards show for 02-03 05-06 And if you look at Nicks set, he had no 2004P or D listed when his set was retired. Thus making Ricks set the top set of 2004.
    No one questions Nicks set, or his ability to build new ones as he feels the need. And when JHF retires his set, opening the way for Mr. Brown, Tim, or you to make the top. We will respect your/their award just as Rick deserves respect for his 2004 feat.
    Dan

<< <i>No one is questioning Nicks set Paul, climb down off the soap box.
    I took The question to mean who had been awarded the Best of 2004 by PCGS. This due to the fact that awards show for 02-03 05-06 And if you look at Nicks set, he had no 2004P or D listed when his set was retired. Thus making Ricks set the top set of 2004.
    No one questions Nicks set, or his ability to build new ones as he feels the need. And when JHF retires his set, opening the way for Mr. Brown, Tim, or you to make the top. We will respect your/their award just as Rick deserves respect for his 2004 feat. >>

Now look at who's on a soap box! I didn't say anyone was questioning Nick's set and it really doesn't matter to me that Rick won an award, or JHF wins awards with all of Nick and Whitefangs coins. I was just stating what I think to be an honest observance.

There are countless registries where someone will be missing 1-2 coins and they are not even at the bottom of the top 20 page. So am I to assume that just because PCGS gives an award to Rick and Nick is missing 2 coins ('04's) that Rick's set is better?

Pa-leaze!

If I were to say accumulate 100% in FB and become the first to do that, or if Dimeman's set of Complete Dimes makes 100%. do you think that we/I/they/anyone else simply has the best set. I think not. There are/will be better sets out there that are not yet complete.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
    JHF had the top 65 to present set in 2004. His clad and silver set was not listed on the registry at that time. Rick
    Boswell had the top listed registry set in 2004. I sold my number 1 silver set in late 2003 and retired my clad set
    in mid 2004.

Thanks Paul for all your great comments about my sets.

Nick
    Nick the info on your all time finest retired set is wrong then. They have it listed as retired in 2003. Maybe a call to them would strighten them out, and get the info changed to the right year. I was going by the year retired that is listed when you click on your set.
    We all know your's was the top set in GPA, and without your coins JHF's set would not have been what it is today.
    I wish now I had not even answered RM's question on the missing 2004 award.
    Dan
    Dan, You're right. PCGS has the year wrong on my retired clad set. Rick won the 2004 award, when
    he retired his set he had it removed from the registry. I also had my 2003 silver set removed from the
    registry and there you have the 2 missing years.

Nick

<< <i>I wish now I had not even answered RM's question on the missing 2004 award. >>

The great thing about this Forum Dan, is the fact that we can and do sometimes get into great debates about this and that. Whether or not we agree is a whole different matter. Rick e-mailed me and was wondering if PCGS would re-list his complete set on the all time greatest set listing and I told him I'm all for it. I would love to see his set again.

I do owe you an apology for it is I who cannot read. In your post you mentioned this:

<< <i>This due to the fact that awards show for 02-03 05-06 And if you look at Nicks set, he had no 2004P or D listed when his set was retired. Thus making Ricks set the top set of 2004.
    >>

I didn't see the fact that his set was gone and the initial qusetion was not about someones opinion, but where is the 2004 awarded set at. I actually mis-interpreted (sp) the question.

Yes I'm an A$$!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • I am sorry that I asked the question . . .