Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Dayum!

Clark Smith just listed about a gazillion world gold coins on eBay, check it out. image

Comments

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Yeah he did!

Only 41 out of 528 lots are listed below $100! image
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Today is 20 cents listing day!
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    wow! tons of great stuff; right up my alley!

Doug
  • Options
    here is one for our friend Mr. Lustig. what a beauty (with the price tag to match)!

Doug

click here
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wow! tons of great stuff; right up my alley!
    Doug >>

Friend,

Nice gold coins .... but at a premium price "Caveat emptor"
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    Oh MAMA!

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Liquidating all of his inventory?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>wow! tons of great stuff; right up my alley!
    Doug >>

Friend,

Nice gold coins .... but at a premium price "Caveat emptor" >>

thanks, I agree. Maybe these coins are right up my (or should I say "our", since we like the same genre) alley, but the pricing is certainly aggressive.

Doug
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Liquidating all of his inventory? >>

I think at those prices he would be very happy to liquidate his inventory. I like the Albanian coins but not at that price.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I'm glad you guys are saying the pricing is pretty stiff. I know it's been a while since I've been to the darkside but geez I was taken aback by some of the asking prices.
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Rich,

They are stiff but not terribly out of line ... in most cases the gold coins are higher quality and relatively uncommon offerings.

I would prefer dealing with him through his website.
  • Options
    I would consider a bid, but to I'll make a long story short. My parents claimed I was addicted to eBay, so to prove them wrong I agreed to go 30 days without making ANY bids or BIN's. Today is day 6 and I'm still going strong.image But, great coins Doug.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options

<< <i>I would consider a bid, but to I'll make a long story short. My parents claimed I was addicted to eBay, so to prove them wrong I agreed to go 30 days without making ANY bids or BIN's. Today is day 6 and I'm still going strong.image But, great coins Doug. >>

Day six, huh? Have the invisible spiders started yet?

I'll be next in line to say that there are some nice coins there, but thems are premium prices.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would consider a bid, but to I'll make a long story short. My parents claimed I was addicted to eBay, so to prove them wrong I agreed to go 30 days without making ANY bids or BIN's. Today is day 6 and I'm still going strong.image But, great coins Doug. >>

Day six, huh? Have the invisible spiders started yet?

I'll be next in line to say that there are some nice coins there, but thems are premium prices. >>

Not yet, but I'm sure they'll be gunning for me soon.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!