Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Stickers on Holders

Hey Everyone,

Twice on the last week I have received PSA graded cards with price stickers on the holders. I have peeled the stickers of most but some have left behind the sticky part. Does anyone know hoe to remove this permanently from the holder?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    goo-gone works like a charm
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    sellers that put stickers on flips are one of my pet peeves
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sellers that put stickers on flips are one of my pet peeves >>

It soon becoming my #1 peeve as well
  • Options
    WD-40
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Anybody who collects PSA-graded cards should keep some Goo Gone (sticker gunk) and Novus #2 (light scratches) handy at all times. The Novus won't salvage the slabs that make you wonder how the hell some people store cards, but it will save you a lot on reholdering fees. At least if you're anal about these things - as I was.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    flamethrower...melts all the glue off.....image
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I've used rubbing alcohol to get the sticky gunk off also.
  • Options
    I don't put stickers on holders but sell a lot of cards that have stickers from other dealers.

I guess if they do a lot of shows it would be easier for them to have a price on the card, but man they are tough and messy to get off.
    Also a big pet peeve of mine.
    Jeremy
  • Options
    A big pet peeve that I've heard from buyers on this forum is that cards at shows are not priced. Stickers are the only practical solution. I remove the stickers before I ship, but not everyone will. I have one sticker residue that NOTHING will touch. I'm not sure what to do with the cards. I've had them for a couple of years.
  • Options
    The easiest way that I have found is lighter fluid. It works great on all plastics. Neil
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    For some reason it doesn't bother me that much. I often just leave them since it helps me keep track of how much I spent on a card.
    I've used lighter fluid, goo gone, and bestine to remove the residual goo. Novus 2 and Brillianize both work well for small scratches.

edited to add: cute kid in the sig line Xbaggy, is he your son?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Goo Gone is what I use. It works well, and has a nice orangey scent!

As soon as I receive a PSA or SGC card, I place them in a sleeve to prevent future scratches.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Some sellers use stickers that are removable w/ no residue, and thats fine.
    Others use the permanent kind that come off in pieces, and its a hassle.
    In those instances a sticker can be put on a resealable slab sleeve, so the
    info is there and the slab is sticker free...jay
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>Some sellers use stickers that are removable w/ no residue, and thats fine.
    Others use the permanent kind that come off in pieces, and its a hassle.
    In those instances a sticker can be put on a resealable slab sleeve, so the
    info is there and the slab is sticker free...jay >>

that's a perfect solution.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>edited to add: cute kid in the sig line Xbaggy, is he your son? >>

Yes, SHE's mine, 8 months old. My wife doesn't like the fact that I dress her in raiders tuff because "it makes her look like a boy", i guess you just proved that she is right.image I have a Raiders Cheerleaders outfit coming soon.

Ryan
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody who collects PSA-graded cards should keep some Goo Gone (sticker gunk) and Novus #2 (light scratches) handy at all times. The Novus won't salvage the slabs that make you wonder how the hell some people store cards, but it will save you a lot on reholdering fees. At least if you're anal about these things - as I was. >>

Steve, What did you do with all the slabs you cracked. Did you build a shrine to PSA, start a fire and dance around it like wild indians? <--- partial line from Shawshank Redemption.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    I should've created some art or something useful out of them since now they'll probably sit in landfill for 18,000 years or leach chemicals into the earth. Very environmentally irresponsible of me, I know. My daughter did like the little black gaskets from SGC and GAI for picture frames, but she eventually got sick of them. I did save my PSA labels, though I'm not really sure why. I suppose I could send them back, but I'd just assume wreak havoc on the low end of the pop scale.
  • Options
    Send 'em back Steve.

Keep the Pop in line.

JMO, Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody who collects PSA-graded cards should keep some Goo Gone (sticker gunk) and Novus #2 (light scratches) handy at all times. The Novus won't salvage the slabs that make you wonder how the hell some people store cards, but it will save you a lot on reholdering fees. At least if you're anal about these things - as I was. >>

what type of towel do you apply the stuff with, it seems a cotton shirt leaves wisp marks in the plastic....i try to touch the flips as little as possible.....
  • Options
    Cotton balls
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Even if sent back i have heard from posters that the pops did not change.

Steve
    Good for you.