Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Q&A Forum

OK guys, I just set it up so Ron can answer questions in this forum and he said he would try and begin today.

Thanks for your patience!

Carol

Comments

• Options
    Carol,

You deserve a raise!

Thank you.image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Did you remember to take down the sign?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be still my heart.

Will wonders never cease.

Thanks, Carol - it'll be fun times around here again. Would you ask Ron about reopening the OF now image ?
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Carol.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I hope he doesn't ban us if we ask a hard question!

Just kidding.image
  • Options

<< <i>Be still my heart.

Thanks, Carol - it'll be fun times around here again. Would you ask Ron about reopening the OF now image ? >>

I think you should ask him yourself.

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Be still my heart.

Thanks, Carol - it'll be fun times around here again. Would you ask Ron about reopening the OF now image ? >>

I think you should ask him yourself. >>

Will he be in Baltimore?

Will you be in Baltimore?
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options

<< <i>Be still my heart.

The new Open Forum is WAY BETTER then the old one.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Be still my heart.

I think you should ask him yourself. >>

Ziiingggggggggg! image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    So........have all the questions been cleared or will Ron be totally swamped?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Ron will be totally swamped.

He will probably be in Baltimore but you will need to check with him. I will not be in Baltimore.

Carol

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Cool! image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No question will show unless it has been approved by an administrator. >>

• Options
    Carol,

btw...thanks! I know you get caught in the middle on a lot of things, like the Q&noA forum image, and it is often a thankless job.
    So, thanks for sticking with it, and us, and (most likely) helping to drive Ron to hosting it again in the place of David.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Ron will be totally swamped.

He will probably be in Baltimore but you will need to check with him. I will not be in Baltimore.

Carol >>

Switch places with him. You are more eye appealing.image
  • Options
    is everyone lining up with the first strike questions?
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

Outstanding! Once again I can look forward to my weekly review of Q&A.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you remember to take down the sign?

Russ, NCNE >>

...........................image.......thats funny in a twisted kinda way.image
  • Options

Ron's taking over for Carol?
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK guys, I just set it up so Ron can answer questions in this forum... Carol >>

Got that now Leiana, Lucy and all of the other fine GALS here? image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

<< <i>Carol,

btw...thanks! I know you get caught in the middle on a lot of things, like the Q&noA forum image, and it is often a thankless job.
    So, thanks for sticking with it, and us, and (most likely) helping to drive Ron to hosting it again in the place of David. >>

Butt kisser image

You musta been a suckup in school, too, Boik image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Carol,

So, thanks for sticking with it, and us, and (most likely) helping to drive Ron to hosting it again in the place of David. >>

Butt kisser image

You musta been a suckup in school, too, Boik image >>

Actually, I am (and was) such a troublemaker (just got some manager at a different company in trouble with his president tonight when I told someone I didn't like his attitude) that I recognize the thankless jobs and think people should actually be thanked for them; instead of being taken for granted.

That said, wonder if I submitted the ASE 3pc set, if I could get some special service if I put my name and a printout of the above in the box? image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Carol,

Butt kisser image

You musta been a suckup in school, too, Boik image >>

Actually, I am (and was) such a troublemaker (just got some manager at a different company in trouble with his president tonight when I told someone I didn't like his attitude) that I recognize the thankless jobs and think people should actually be thanked for them; instead of being taken for granted.

That said, wonder if I submitted the ASE 3pc set, if I could get some special service if I put my name and a printout of the above in the box? image

image >>

You must miss all of the threads where I shower Carol with praise and adulation. She does do a great job and my hat is tipped to her.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't ask questions about the BOLDLY DETAILED TAIL FEATHER SACAGAWEA and everything's just fine, huh ? How many years will PCGS ignore this question ? image It's going on 8 yrs now ~

• Options

<< <i>Just don't ask questions about the BOLDLY DETAILED TAIL FEATHER SACAGAWEA and everything's just fine, huh ? How many years will PCGS ignore this question ? image It's going on 8 yrs now ~ >>

Did you ask it while Ron was online and answering questions?

• Options
    KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    I did and all I got was no reply, like i never asked it. I was very surprised. Even a ""no", or"its under review" would have been acceptable. Not a peep. very surprised.
  • Options

<< <i>I did and all I got was no reply, like i never asked it. I was very surprised. Even a ""no", or"its under review" would have been acceptable. Not a peep. very surprised. >>

Not saying he will answer this question but you guys buried him last night. It was amazing to watch all the questions pop up. Personally, I think he did a great job in getting to as many as he did.
    Be patient, as things settle down it will be easier to get to those he missed last night.

Carol
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I did and all I got was no reply, like i never asked it. I was very surprised. Even a ""no", or"its under review" would have been acceptable. Not a peep. very surprised. >>

Not saying he will answer this question but you guys buried him last night. It was amazing to watch all the questions pop up. Personally, I think he did a great job in getting to as many as he did.
    Be patient, as things settle down it will be easier to get to those he missed last night.

Carol >>

He answered mine image
    But then, it may have had something to do with my cool name image

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the Q & A, and the frank responses. My question was not answered (regarding photo service on crossovers), but I'm sure there was a ton of questions and only a limited amount of time. So lets see if some of these get taken out of the hopper and discussed in future weeks.image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Can we add Don Willis to the Q&A setup?

He's been great at posting and answering in the main USCF .... would be cool if he went and brought the Q&A forum back to life image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file