Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Are you ready for the new and improved PCGS Set Registry V2?

Apparently the PCGS registry is going through an upgrade. If you didn't get/haven't seen the following e-mail from PCGS, here are the details:

Dear Set Registry Members,

Early next month we will be launching the new PCGS Set Registry V2. We are very excited about the new software and look forward to giving you a product that we feel you will find very valuable and a great aide to your collecting needs. The following are just some of the many enhancements in V2:

Ability to track your inventory costs and prices

Ability to easily add a coin to multiple sets

An easy way to add multiple images to one coin

A new "What if?" program which will allow you to see what the addition of a coin might do to your set

A Collectors Showcase where you can show-off your favorite coins which might not necessarily constitute a "set"

Ability to comment on other members' sets

There are a few things you need to know:

1. Your Username, Email and Password will remain the same. Currently, you can login to the Registry using either your email/password combination or your username/password combination, however, the new Registry will require that you use your email/password combination.

2. Your Username will be displayed in a few areas in the new Registry. For example, your photo album will be titled with your username. If your email address is the same as your username, you may want to consider changing your username, especially if you wish to keep your email address private. For example, if your username and email address is currently bsearls@collectors.com, you may want to change your username to LoneStarCollection. Changing your account information can easily be done at this location on the PCGS website:

http://www.pcgs.com/join/update.chtml

We recommend that if you do wish to make some changes to your account information, you do so in the 10 days.

3. We will announce a 24-hour cut off date for updates after which time all sets will be imported to the new Registry and you will not be able to access the old registry. All validated and unvalidated sets will be imported.

Once we have a firm launch date, we will send you an announcement. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

BJ Searls
Set Registry Manager
mailto:bsearls@collectors.com

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evidentally not! I'm posting this some 11.5 hours later.

I'm looking forward to something new. I got it, hows about more action on the PCGS Set Registry Forum! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    <<3. We will announce a 24-hour cut off date for updates after which time all sets will be imported to the new Registry and you will not be able to access the old registry. All validated and unvalidated sets will be imported.>>

Ready or not here it comes!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I got the notification and quite frankly some of this stuff can be done already.

Ability to track your inventory costs and prices
    I track my inventory and costs on a spreadsheet outside of the net. I don't really know that I want this stuff on a public server anyway.

Ability to easily add a coin to multiple sets
    I can already do this by just keying in the cert number on the second set (i.e. Basic, Varitey, and Date). Description and photo all transfer over to the second set.

An easy way to add multiple images to one coin
    If we can undo the 100kb limit and/or go out to Photobucket then this would be interesting.

A new "What if?" program which will allow you to see what the addition of a coin might do to your set
    I already have a spreadsheet that I play these scenarios with.

A Collectors Showcase where you can show-off your favorite coins which might not necessarily constitute a "set"
    This will be interesting

Ability to comment on other members' sets
    Isn't this what the PSCG Set Registry Forum is for? As far as attaching comments to my sets in the actual registry, I am curious as to who will police the negative comments? Will I be able to control the comments posted about my sets. Will MOC's quarter set get hit with a whole slew of AT comments? I don't know about this one.

What I would have liked PCGS to do is to address some of the issues posted here with regard to set contents. Why not add the Pegleg Silver IKE to the varieties set? For that matter all the peglegs and fading peglegs that are available? And what about those doubled dies and RPM's. Serious IKE collectors are fully aware of what is out there and what constitutes a specific variety. This holds true for every registry set that is out there?

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Bottom line to me about the updated PCGS Set Registry is it is NEW and will provide something new and different. Will it please EVERYONE? Of course not. I'm sure lots of this is done on Excell and other spreadsheets by us now. The concern about security will ALWAYS be there. If you are scared, then you probably don't show your coins in the registry now anyway. Looking forward to seeing it. Steveimage
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Untrue. All my registry coins are there with photo's. Some even show the cert number.

All I was stating was that a lot of that stuff can already be done and already is done outside the registry server. I would rather they updated the actual sets by addressing the concerns of those that really use the registry. Not those that poast the registry but not a photo or description.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ability to comment on other members' sets
    Isn't this what the PSCG Set Registry Forum is for? As far as attaching comments to my sets in the actual registry, I am curious as to who will police the negative comments? Will I be able to control the comments posted about my sets. Will MOC's quarter set get hit with a whole slew of AT comments? I don't know about this one. >>

Im with 19Lyds on this. I just started with a Registry set recently and don't like the idea that anybody can come along and p*** on my campfire.