Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>does it get any better than this?

Nov. 18 should be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Game of the Century!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    LOL..I love it, OU beats the cupcake of the week and all you can talk about is a game weeks down the road...nothing going on
    in the NFL but the Bucs kicking ***. How great can it possibly make you feel to be hyping a win over Indiana???

BUCS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JS
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Joe, you and your brother skip should go share the underside of a bed together.

It's futile to try and argue with you but nowhere in my post was there any mention of any game/team other than Michigan.

I can understand your plight and almost have sympathy for you and your pathetic teams this year, but you should really read posts before opening your piehole and talking out of your ass, which appears to be the norm.
  • Options
    If both are undefeated coming into the Nov. 18 game with this game be called "the game of the century" for
    college football? (with the understanding that the 21st century is still very young of course) image

It just might and the hype and coverage are going to be incredible that is for sure.
  • Options
    Goose..nice of you to go under the bed the last two weeks. of course I would expect nothing less from a bandwagon jumper

JS
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    So far, so good... Should be a good game as long as Michigan gets Manningham back in the next week or two. Their offense has sputtered a little without him, but their D has picked up the slack.

And don't bother replying to Joe... His college team sucks so bad that he has to resort to bragging about his Bucs winning 2 games in a row. They sure are kicking butt with that stellar 2-4 record.
  • Options

<< <i>Goose..nice of you to go under the bed the last two weeks. of course I would expect nothing less from a bandwagon jumper

JS >>

Clown.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Do you hear that?

That's what esclating ticket prices sound like image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Big Ten has an unpredictable element this year. The OSU team is focused and it will be tough for someone to sneak up on them. Michigan is good... better than I thought but something tells me that both will not be 1 and 2 Nov 18th... but it may not be because of a loss, but due to an impressive win by another team. The USC-Cal game has alot riding on it too... should SC win big, they could be #2 by November 18. Just a thought...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I was quite surprised Michigan had a debut in the BCS rankings at #3, I am used to them getting no credit. Michigan/Ohio State is panning out to have one of the biggest games in the rivalry's history, and I bet it will be college football at it's finest.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that it's going to be broadcast in HD!!!

I'm leaving work that day at 3pm.....will stop and grab a bag full of grub on the way home, and then watch the game!!
  • Options
    I usually do not work Saturdays, but if they say I must, I will have the flu that day, at worst a very bad reaction to Taco Bell or White Castles!
  • Options

<< <i>a very bad reaction to Taco Bell or White Castles >>

is there such a thing as a good reaction with either of those places?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>a very bad reaction to Taco Bell or White Castles >>

is there such a thing as a good reaction with either of those places? >>

Well yeah, if consumed at the right time, one may not wake up hungover!
  • Options

<< <i>The USC-Cal game has alot riding on it too... should SC win big, they could be #2 by November 18. >>

Too bad this will garner very little national attention. by far the biggest pac 10 game (assuming usc and cal are still undefeated in the pac-10) since who knows when...and it will hardly produce a blip in the national college football radar screen.

i guess us west coast fans can relish in this big game.
  • Options
    If it is on in Michigan, I will be watching USC/Cal, college football is my #2 love after hockey!!!
  • Options
    USC-Cal will be big and perhaps the biggest in this rivalry since 1950.

OSU-Michigan will be big, but it was in 1969, and at least 10 times since then... and 10 is under estimating the national importance of this rivalry. Remember that Big Ten teams did not play in other post season bowl games other than the Rosebowl until the 1975-76 time frame (give or take a year or two).

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye, Bye USC!!

The Game of the Century is ON!!! (now, OSU and Michigan, don't screw it up between now and Nov 18!!)
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    The real beauty is that if they play a close hard fought game and the rest of the country keeps screwing up, they could face each other again in the NC game.
  • Options

<< <i>Bye, Bye USC!!

The Game of the Century is ON!!! (now, OSU and Michigan, don't screw it up between now and Nov 18!!) >>

LOL you mean screw it up against mighty Illinois and Northwestern? Thats the way to go on the road and put it on the line. The
    funny thing is, that when OU loses to Michigan, they will drop so far it won't matter anymore... BCS exposes cupcakes! While a
    one loss Florida team will probably play for a national title, a one loss Michigan or OU will probably be playing in a bowl that
    no one cares about..LOL

JS
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL you mean screw it up against mighty Illinois and Northwestern? Thats the way to go on the road and put it on the line. The
    funny thing is, that when OU loses to Michigan, they will drop so far it won't matter anymore... BCS exposes cupcakes! While a
    one loss Florida team will probably play for a national title, a one loss Michigan or OU will probably be playing in a bowl that
    no one cares about..LOL

JS >>

The BCS hardly exposes cupcakes, as they allowed one into a bowl game last year... FSU looks like they deserve another candle and a little more frosting this year.
  • Options
    joestalin:

With the comments that you made, it is abundantly clear that you know less about Big Ten football than Joe Stalin.

First of all, it is not OU... that is for Oklahoma... not The Ohio State University.

Second, you do not appreciate the fact that Illinois and Ohio State play for the Illini-Buck trophy and the rivalry is quite historic in College Football and especially within the Big Ten.

Third, when Ohio State wins a National Championship (1968 and 2002) the game they play against Illinois was the toughest of the season even if Illinois had a team that was not what most folks would consider great... the 1968 game was 31-24 and the 2002 game was 23-16 in overtime and frankly... Illinois scored a two touchdowns that were called back in the OT and both were ruled that the receiver caught the ball out of bounds both times. Even in the replay on the second catch, the receiver's knee came down in the end zone. OSU won 23-16

Woody Hayes never enjoyed playing Illinois and JC Caroline and company ran all over OSU in the 1953 game at Columbus 41-20. Illinois beat OSU at Columbus... even in your lifetime 46-23 in 1999. Illinois is one of the only teams in the Big Ten that beat OSU 5 years in a row... and that also happened in in your life time... can you prove yourself worthy of discussing Big Ten Football and tell me the years that happened? If not, just stick to your ACC commentary.... and for the record, OSU will win Saturday, but it will not be as easy as folks think.

• Options
    Well...

Understanding Big Ten Football is not as easy as it would seem... and it looks as if Ohio State has taken a big step towards a National Championship... they had their tough game with Illinois. You read it here first. It was not easy and it was a closer game than anticipated but as predicted.

• Options
    They let their guard down a bit after the first half and damn near wound up with Illinois having the ball down by 7 with a few minutes left.

That could have gotten ugly.

The Illinois defense sure played one HELL of a game today.
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Coinkat, nice recap of the OSU-Illini rivalry. The Illini have won in Columbus 6 times since 1988...

• Options

<< <i>and it looks as if Ohio State has taken a big step towards a National Championship... they had their tough game with Illinois. You read it here first. It was not easy and it was a closer game than anticipated but as predicted. >>

Tough game? We shall see in two weeks, eh?
  • Options
    The Michigan game should be good but I think Ohio State will win... perhaps by more than folks might think.

And all things considered the Illinois defense played very well... especially in the second half. Their no huddle offense never really seemed to catch the Buckeyes off balanced.

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Rutgers vs Boise State. Until something like this happens there will be no college playoff. image