Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA listing factory serial #s on their flips now?!

When did this start ... ?

I've always liked SGC showing factory serial numbers on their flip.

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    wish they'd list the backs of T206's on there, or color variations in '41 Goudey.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    They didn't list the serial number. There are variations of the autographed card that can most easily be distinguished by what the card is numbered out of.

And I agree with Griffins.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    There are various levels of parallel insert tiers that have different factory serial numbers. However, this card is the first that I have seen that references the factory production/serial number on a flip. PSA has previously acknowledged these various tiers by title such as Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze and Black Refractor, Blue Refractor or Gold Refractor ... but never the factory production/serial number on the flip.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    six - I think here the only visible difference between the variants is the numbering system.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    It says red #'d of 274 not XXX of 274 also, isnt the auto blue not red?
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    I do understand that the PSA flip only indicates #'d 274, however, this is the first PSA flip that I've seen with any such noatations. I mentioned factory production/serial numbers because there may be other flips labeled differently.

In the case of this particular card, the factory serial numbers are clearly visible (stamped) on the card's surface. If this is a new PSA policy, then this would greatly benefit cards with factory production/serial numbers on the back.

In regards to football, PSA had always labeled flips of UD's Sign of the Times (autographed) series by the tier level ... such as Gold, Silver and Bronze - never the factory production number of the that level. Most of those were factory serial numbered on the surface as well.