Home Metal Detecting
Options

Silver find- another Merc without a detector

Has been a good year for me finding Mercury dimes, yesterday I had planned to hit the park where I found the wheats and silver ring the other day- but the snow we got Friday put that plan on hold. It took most of the day to get it melted and get the ground uncovered, so instead i decided to strip some parts off an old Mercury Cougar I picked up. When removing the floor shifter I spotted just under the carpets edge what looked like a round slug- when I picked it up it looked to be covered in an ash like substance- then I realized it was a Mercury Dime image . Pulling back the carpet some more I found a couple of quarters- a 1966 (the really dirty one) and a 1985. Will definately be pulling the rest of carpet up and checking it over more thoroughly if the weather clears up again. Guess I will be entering it in the wild card find category this month- can this also be posted in the silver coin found category for quantity of coins? Anyways here is a shot of the coins:

Comments

• Options
    Cool wildcard find!

<< <i>can this also be posted in the silver coin found category for quantity of coins >>

Yes!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Great, I won't get skunked for silver this month anyways, the weather isn't looking to good- rain/snow in forcast right through Thursday of this week image
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    In the past only coins found with a detector counted towards the quantity finds.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Opps, I didn't see Goldrushes response. I think we need a ruling here. I've never counted any of my CoinStar silver finds towards the quantity totals.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    No big deal, just thought I would ask about it,
  • Options

<< <i>Opps, I didn't see Goldrushes response. I think we need a ruling here. I've never counted any of my CoinStar silver finds towards the quantity totals. >>

I was thinking you had counted them towards your total in the past.
    Ha! shows you what I know.

So actually they are MD totals and should only count as such.

Thanks for keeping me straight Dock!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage