Home Sports Talk
Options

Tiki to retire?

Yes, we've all heard about this for the past few days; over and over and over again. Tiki may, might, will retire at seasons end? Who really knows? I'm a Giants fan, and I hope he doesn't(of course; who would want a guy playing at this level to retire?) but he has had one helluva career. He went from unheard of, to unused, to underused, then underutilized. He was supposed to be the lightning to "Dayne's" thunder; that turned out to be just a long winded(and VERY soft) wet fart. Tiki literally took this team on his shoulders the last few seasons, making up for a young QB and his learning curve. Tiki learned how to protect the ball, as well as make almost every opponent look unable to compete. He might not be a HOF, but no doubt he's a fan favorite and one of the NFLs "Good Guys"(along with Warrick Dunn for note). Of course I honestly don't think he's done after this season. 8.3 million is a WHOLE lot to just walk away from. I know he doesn't want to go out limping, and he wants to leave on his on not being pushed out for lack of production. Tiki Barber was 20 yards away from the total yards record for a season (Set by Marshall Faulk). He also tied the record for 200 yard running games (3) in a season and did so in the last 4 games. He's got another big season in him, and I'd like to see him handoff the load to Brandon Jacobs; maybe feature both backs in a shotgun set? Both are excellent blockers and Tiki is a huge threat in the flat as well. I do think that Jacobs will be the next starter, and I am a fan of his attitude and abilities. If he does retire, Tiki Thank you for the memories!!!!

Collecting;
Mark Mulder rookies
Chipper Jones rookies
Orlando Cabrera rookies
Lawrence Taylor
Sam Huff
Lavar Arrington
NY Giants
NY Yankees
NJ Nets
NJ Devils
1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
GregM13
VintageJeff

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Class act all the way.

Can anyone think of an NFL running back that improved with age to the degree Tiki has ? Somebody forgot to tell him he should be slowing down as he goes, not getting better each year.

If he retires it will be a big blow to the Giants. He has numerous other options outside of football so you really cant blame him for leaving on top and healthy.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I agree, he's dynamic and dangerous; and he's one of the top backs in every way. Can't blame him a bit for leaving while he's still healthy.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Great running back, who peaked last year.

However, would this be a story if he played anywhere other than in NY? I think not.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Interesting...

He peaked last year, yet he leads the NFL in rushing this year, even with a bye week and 2 mediocre games. Some might say that he may not have hit his peak yet looking at those facts.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>Interesting...

He peaked last year, yet he leads the NFL in rushing this year, even with a bye week and 2 mediocre games. Some might say that he may not have hit his peak yet looking at those facts. >>

And yet he has how many TD's?

He's not being asked to carry the load at the goal line...and that (to me, at least) speaks VOLUMES about where he is as a back.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, would this be a story if he played anywhere other than in NY? I think not.

The very latest of Axhole's asinine observations.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>However, would this be a story if he played anywhere other than in NY? I think not.

The very latest of Axhole's asinine observations. >>

And the very latest of grote's immature and scary obssession with me.

I asked a very simple question and posed an answer...you need to grow a thicker skin.
  • Options

<< <i>He peaked last year, yet he leads the NFL in rushing this year, even with a bye week and 2 mediocre games. Some might say that he may not have hit his peak yet looking at those facts. >>

Don't confuse Axtroll with the facts. We're talking NY here so facts are irrelevant.

<< <i>He's not being asked to carry the load at the goal line...and that (to me, at least) speaks VOLUMES about where he is as a back. >>

I guess you never heard of their other running back or any of their other weapons that capitalize because of Tiki's running.
  • Options
    And the very latest of grote's immature and scary obssession with me.

I asked a very simple question and posed an answer...you need to grow a thicker skin.

Obsessed? This coming from a guy who honors me in his own sigline...lol!

Your dopey "observations" are so ridiculous and so tainted by your jealous hatred of NY, they're not worth elaborating on, only making fun of, like you CLOWN!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>However, would this be a story if he played anywhere other than in NY? I think not. >>

The story is in New York because he runs for New York. You don't think a similar story would be discussed in your neck of the woods if it was your great back was considering early retirement?
  • Options
    Ax, any player who owns their franchises single, career, game rushing records; as well as 2nd all-franchise in catches; and carried a team like Tiki has in recent seasons; would get the same attention if the news came out like it has.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimage

Anything relating to New York sucks and is overrated.

imageimageimage
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>
    >>

Look who crawled out from the muck!

I never said he 'sucked' or was 'overrated'. Quit trying to put words in my mouth you simple minded troll.
  • Options

Quit trying to put words in my mouth you simple minded troll.

Yeah, we all know you prefer the phallic symbol as your pacifier, Axhole boy.

• Options
    grote-

why are you such an idiot? Do you really work at it, or are you naturally 'gifted'?

Christ, knock it off!
  • Options
    grote-

why are you such an idiot? Do you really work at it, or are you naturally 'gifted'?

Christ, knock it off!

Ooooooh Axhole's getting angry now! Taking the Lord's name in vain. Once again, showing who he truly is: a hypocrite clown with nothing original to say. The only thing you're gifted at is being a blowhard, clown!

• Options

<< <i>
    Ooooooh Axhole's getting angry now! Taking the Lord's name in vain. Once again, showing who he truly is: a hypocrite clown with nothing original to say. The only thing you're gifted at is being a blowhard, clown! >>

No you damn fool, I am not getting angry, I (along with everyone else here) get sick and tired of you turning every damn thread into a pissing match.

You dare to call me a hypocrite? You, the supposedly religious and holy individual who insults others and christ's beliefs about turning the other cheek and loving thy enemy?

get lost, grote. Quit derailing every goddamn thread.
  • Options
    Quit derailing every goddamn thread.

Practice what you preach, hypocrite. You even admitted in another post that you posted much differently because you read someone else's posts and thought it was me. And you say I'm the one who derails posts? Hypocrite. Get lost. You can't stop replying to every one of my posts anyway. You can't help yourself, you're so consumed by NY hatred and jealousy. Nice try trying to turn the tables, though. As usual, you failed again!

I (along with everyone else here

Earth to Axhole: You are by far the least respected poster on these boards. Everyone else here thinks you're an idiot.

• Options

<< <i>Quit derailing every goddamn thread.

Practice what you preach, hypocrite. >>

Again, you call me a hypocrite. You call me every name in the book, then get mad because I mock religion. You say I am a troll, yet you can't help but run your yap every chance you get.

<< <i> You even admitted in another post that you posted much differently because you read someone else's posts and thought it was me. >>

Yes I made a mistake and I admitted it. Unlike you...you are too wrapped up in your little world of hate and hypocrisy to do anything but spew bile.

<< <i> And you say I'm the one who derails posts? Hypocrite. Get lost. You can't stop replying to every one of my posts anyway. You can't help yourself, you're so consumed by NY hatred and jealousy. Nice try trying to turn the tables, though. As usual, you failed again!

No, retard, I will NOT get lost. Why don't you shut your damned mouth and stop responding? Simple: moth to a flame you can't help but love getting burned non stop.

<< <i>Earth to Axhole: You are by far the least respected poster on these boards. Everyone else thinks you're an idiot. >>

Again, if I am such an idiot and have so little respect, why are you here replying?

Back on topic, the giants will be better off with Tiki.
  • Options
    Like I said Axhole, you just can't help yourself replying to every one of my posts. And more often that now, you even use the quote box and everything. Boy, you spend a lot of time replying to me, loser!!

Tiki is a great back, probably the best back in Giants history. The only thing (and it's a big thing) he's missing is the Ring. He's got a lucrative career on TV in front of him and I think that's where he's yearning to go as much as wanting to leave the NFL.

• Options
    I am done with you groteboy...stop responding to my posts and I'll stop responding to yours.

You call me a loser for replying to you? What does it say about you, dipchit?

• Options
    stop responding to my posts and I'll stop responding to yours.

If you can restrain yourself, that's a deal. But we'll see...

• Options

<< <i>stop responding to my posts and I'll stop responding to yours.

If you can restrain yourself, that's a deal. But we'll see... >>

Good...now never, ever reply to me again.

• Options
    << stop responding to my posts and I'll stop responding to yours.

If you can restrain yourself, that's a deal. But we'll see... >>

Good...now never, ever reply to me again.

Deal. But remove my username from your sig line to make it official.

• Options

<< <i>
    Deal. But remove my username from your sig line to make it official. >>

Take back everything you said, from calling me a racist to all the other erroneous things you said about me and consider it done.
  • Options
    Deal. But remove my username from your sig line to make it official. >>

Take back everything you said, from calling me a racist to all the other erroneous things you said about me and consider it done.

I figured you couldn't do it. You want me to stop responding to you yet you can keep insulting me in your sigline with every one of your posts?? Get real.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    And yet he has how many TD's?

He's not being asked to carry the load at the goal line...and that (to me, at least) speaks VOLUMES about where he is as a back. >>

no, no, no, no. What speaks volumes is the Jolly BLUE GIANT they have to pound the ball at the goal line. So the G-men ar not supposed to utilize Brandon Jacobs in those spots? ridiculous image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Deal. But remove my username from your sig line to make it official. >>

I figured you couldn't do it. You want me to stop responding to you yet you can keep insulting me in your sigline with every one of your posts?? Get real. >>

Tell everyone you made up the whole 'Axtell is a racist' and your name will be gone out of my sig line. It's easy.
  • Options

<< <i>
    no, no, no, no. What speaks volumes is the Jolly BLUE GIANT they have to pound the ball at the goal line. So the G-men ar not supposed to utilize Brandon Jacobs in those spots? ridiculous image >>

No, it speaks volumes (to me at least) that Tiki isn't breaking the long runs for touchdowns and that they'd rather go with Jacobs for TDs instead of Tiki.

Tiki sees this and is going to hang them up.
  • Options
    Tell everyone you made up the whole 'Axtell is a racist' and your name will be gone out of my sig line. It's easy.

Actually it wasn't me who first stated that, so you're wrong again. Sorry, but I don't negotiate with clowns. I offered you a deal, you accepted it, then tried to change the terms by retaining my username in your sigline. The irony is that I'm not really a religious person, but I do believe that making statements like you did that "God is an imaginary friend for grownups" shows a severe lack of sensitivity and arrogance on your part. It also highly offends those posters on these boards who are deeply religious, but what do you care about the feelings of others, right?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tell everyone you made up the whole 'Axtell is a racist' and your name will be gone out of my sig line. It's easy. >>

And tell everyone that you were against the guarantee before you were for it and your ownage will be gone out of my sig line. It's easy.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>
    Actually it wasn't me who first stated that, so you're wrong again. >>

Perhaps you weren't, but that doesn't mitigate your responsibility in perpetuating the lie. You continue to say 'Axtell's racist' as if it's fact. Make a retraction, I'll remove your name. It's an easy solution.

<< <i> Sorry, but I don't negotiate with clowns. I offered you a deal, you accepted it, then tried to change the terms by retaining my username in your sigline. >>

My sigline was never at issue in the original deal...only after did you try to change the terms.

Make a retraction, we have a deal....it's up to you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    No, it speaks volumes (to me at least) that Tiki isn't breaking the long runs for touchdowns and that they'd rather go with Jacobs for TDs instead of Tiki.

Tiki sees this and is going to hang them up. >>

Ax, Tiki is running all over the place. If you feel he needs to be breaking long TD's every game then the point of this is mute. What Tiki is doing is moving the ball all the way upfield with very nice gains and then the Giants hammer it with a fresh really big Jacobs. The recipe is really very simple.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    My sigline was never at issue in the original deal...only after did you try to change the terms.

My "retractions" were never part of the deal either. Besides, it's alot of fun ridiculing all those asinine observations of yours, but it's your call.

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i> He was supposed to be the lightning to "Dayne's" thunder; that turned out to be just a long winded(and VERY soft) wet fart. >>

I personally love soft wet farts...especially on cold days....they warm my cheeks imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>My sigline was never at issue in the original deal...only after did you try to change the terms.

My "retractions" were never part of the deal either. Besides, it's alot of fun ridiculing all those asinine observations of yours, but it's your call. >>

And removing my sig line was never part of the deal either...but it's your call.

Make a simple retraction ('Axtell isn't racist'), I remove your name from my sig line, and we never reply to one another again.

It's UP TO YOU.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    This is a off topic of the original thread but pertains to what you guys are talking about. I've been down in Atlantic City this week hitting some poker tables and 99% of the place in loaded with east coast guys (many New Yorkers). While making conversations with many of them at poker tables the night the Mets lost, all I kept hearing was stuff like "well, baseball's done for me this year" and "who the hell wants to watch a World Series with those 2 teams" etc.. That was my first time ever to the east coast but I really got the feeling that these people really think the rest of the country revolves around them. Obviously if the Mets or Yankees ain't there, then who in their right mind would give a crap about the World Series? Maybe the rest of the country. I got the feeling with talking to those people that Axtell is probably right about east coasters. I don't remember California being like that.