Home Stamps Forum

scott#634

I have a mint booklet w/instructions on right side there are 24 2cent stamp does anyone know what this is worth?
I have a mint booklet of 2cent Washington stamps 4pages w/6panes,with instructions on inside cover after last page of panes it's a scott#634

Comments

• Wow, what a nice booklet to have. Scott 634 is a re-issue of 554. My book shows one Booklet pane of 6 at 1.50. I would say it is worth more than that right now. I'll do some auction checking later to see if I find anything. And welcome to the boards.

Jerry
  • Hi jerry about my booklet i took it to a stamp dealer, first he said it was not worth much an he would give me $50.00for it, i said no then he offered me $150.00.joking with him i said i want 2500.00. he then gave me his card and asked me to call monday
    I have a mint booklet of 2cent Washington stamps 4pages w/6panes,with instructions on inside cover after last page of panes it's a scott#634
  • Wow! That's neat. Let us know what's up.

Jerry
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I would find another dealer. This one sounds like he would have made a rip if you took his first offer. He is the type that gives the hobby a bad name. I would get a 2nd and 3rd appraisal. There are color varieties of the 634d which can affect the value. Does it have a guideline? If so, are you sure its a 634d. A 583a with guideline can command a premium price as only a few are known to exist.

A 48 stamp booklet of the 634d values around $900/1000. Not sure what your 24 stamp booklet would value, but I would find another dealer. Selling to a dealer usually won't get you the most money as they have to make a profit, but they are the easiest to dispose of an item. Also stamp values are weird. As a norm, you can expect to get about 1/3 of Scott value for mint US. Of course, there are always exceptions and I would think your booklet would be one of them. Good luck.