Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE UPDATED SET REGISTRY PROGRAM WILL GO LIVE?

Comments

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    The Long Wait is Almost Over!
    In early November we will be launching the new software for
    the PCGS Set Registry. This software has many great new
    features including inventory management, loading one coin
    in multiple sets, ease in loading images, and much more!
    We've been beta testing this new software and are now in
    the final stages prior to launch. If you are interested in
    being a beta tester, please email setregistry@collectors.com.

From an email I received a few minutes ago,
    Larry

Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I got it too! I pose a question on the message board and PCGS comes right back and answers it. GREAT. I think we all will look forward to seeing the new program in early November. Steveimage
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This software has many great new features including inventory management

Can you tell us more about this feature?

Thanks, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    It will take 2 years to "work out the bugs" once they start the new program?
  • Options
    <<It will take 2 years to "work out the bugs" once they start the new program?>>image
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Dear Set Registry Members,

Early next month we will be launching the new PCGS Set Registry V2. We are very excited about the new software and look forward to giving you a product that we feel you will find very valuable and a great aide to your collecting needs. The following are just some of the many enhancements in V2:

Ability to track your inventory costs and prices

Ability to easily add a coin to multiple sets

An easy way to add multiple images to one coin

A new "What if?" program which will allow you to see what the addition of a coin might do to your set

A Collectors Showcase where you can show-off your favorite coins which might not necessarily constitute a "set"

Ability to comment on other members' sets

There are a few things you need to know:

1. Your Username, Email and Password will remain the same. Currently, you can login to the Registry using either your email/password combination or your username/password combination, however, the new Registry will require that you use your email/password combination.

2. Your Username will be displayed in a few areas in the new Registry. For example, your photo album will be titled with your username. If your email address is the same as your username, you may want to consider changing your username, especially if you wish to keep your email address private. For example, if your username and email address is currently bsearls@collectors.com, you may want to change your username to LoneStarCollection. Changing your account information can easily be done at this location on the PCGS website:

http://www.pcgs.com/join/update.chtml

We recommend that if you do wish to make some changes to your account information, you do so in the 10 days.

3. We will announce a 24-hour cut off date for updates after which time all sets will be imported to the new Registry and you will not be able to access the old registry. All validated and unvalidated sets will be imported.

Once we have a firm launch date, we will send you an announcement. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

BJ Searls
    Set Registry Manager
    mailto:bsearls@collectors.com

Sounds like it will have some useful features image

I hope it's not a beta version and that it had been tested.