Home Sports Talk
Options

O.J. Simpson to confess, hypothetically in a new book deal

See Comments Below

"O.J. reportedly has been paid a whopping $3.5 million to write about the double murder that shocked and riveted the nation in 1994, according to a detailed report in the new National Enquirer. "

"He goes on, according to the article, to describe in gruesome detail the killing of his ex-wife and Goldman; he stipulates that the murder scenes are “hypothetical.” But, notes the tab, the descriptions are “so detailed and so chillingly realistic” that readers are left with little doubt as to what really happened."

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in my opinion there is no doubt he was the murderer, so he lied about not doing it, so why shouldn't he lie more about this story? I believe someone analyzing the police reports can give a more accurate description of the murder than he, the actual murderer, ever would.

On the surface, the National Enquirer might believe they have some sort of scoop here - but I think they wasted a lot of money. I have no interest in reading some madeup story from OJ Simpson.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that OJ dies, dies slowly, and dies in tremendous agony. Beyond that, I have no interest in him whatsoever.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    How is he going to find time to write a book when he's out on the links looking for the real killers!?

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How is he going to find time to write a book when he's out on the links looking for the real killers!? >>

He's guilty as hell. I forget what the DA's office said exactly one time but the amount of evidence they had against his sorry ass was a mountain compared to what they normally get killers convicted on.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    And yet the DA couldn't seat a jury that could spell DNA, let alone understand it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This story is getting no press at all that I have seen. Whoever made the decision to hand this double murderer $3.5 million dollars for a book that ain't gonna sell, better start looking for a new job.
  • Options
    18 years and still no real killer, come on O.J.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    how is this thread still even around lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    20th anniversary is still no killer!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what happened to the Bronco?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder what happened to the Bronco? >>

Think it sold on craigslist image
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    A businessman bought it and rents it out for parties where some people play out the murder in fantasty acting and make a getaway in the bronco.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

On Dateline last night they said it was sold off to a private party.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>

On Dateline last night they said it was sold off to a private party. >>

At over twenty years old, it probably still runs ok.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    We were studying for the bar exam that day and just stopped studying and sat glued to the TV. Great drama!
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I was at a British pub in Tampa with my roommate, watching the 1994 World Cup. The drunken Brits at the table in front of us were a hoot when the low-speed chase happened. I can still picture one of them saying something like, "He can't get away, they can do whatever they want, they're the police. Oh wait, this is America, you can sue! You can sue for anything in America!".
  • Options

<< <i>We were studying for the bar exam that day and just stopped studying and sat glued to the TV. Great drama! >>

Especially as he was threatening to make a mess in the back of the SUV. Still remember Al Michaels and others from football making pleas over the TV.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WGAS??

I will never forget when the verdict was read...I was with a group of about 15 people. When the verdict was read, the blacks in the group cheered wildly, the whites were in shocked silence. We were all co-workers and friends, but that moment was pretty bizarre given what appeared to me to be an overwhelming abundance of evidence against OJ.

Had the DA used his brain, he would never have allowed that circus to happen in downtown LA. Judge Ito was tv struck and onky added to the fiasco.

I hope OJ suffers every day and that his parole gets a neg.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The televised verdict in the OJ murder trial was one that had far differing impact on the different segments of the population.

Many whites were stunned and reacted to the verdict with silence and disbelief.

Many blacks erupted in joy.

The facts of the case showed that O.J. was most likely the person who killed his wife and Goldman.

The criminal jury concluded otherwise and later the civil jury disagreed with the criminal jury.

The criminal prosecution of OJ was interesting. The defense team of lawyers and support staff morphed the trial into one where the LAPD was a central focus [the LAPD has a long history of suspect conduct]. Why and how the prosecution allowed the case to be brought in the downtown LA courthouse instead of in the Santa Monica Courthouse [different demographics for the population living in the two geographic areas (though I do not know if the jury pool from which jurors were drawn and selected would have been the same at both courthouses, i.e. potential jurors summoned from across all of LA County or just from the geographic area where the court case was heard)] I will never understand.

What is of interest to me is that the black community that was pleased to see O.J. acquitted of the criminal charges seemed to not be bothered with the fact that OJ Simpson led a charmed life (fame, money, material comforts, etc.) that is not even remotely close to the life led by probably 98+% of the black community [and even the white, hispanic, asian and other communities in the USA). How could OJ be realistically viewed as a natural object of police misconduct? Maybe it was not so much about a love for OJ than it was one case out of many where "The Man" could not simply steamroll a black defendant.

The TV news feeds of the reactions of crowds of blacks and or crowds of whites as the verdict was read was illustrative of a gap in the way that the two groups view the same thing.

Can not belief it was 20 years ago and can not believe that this story still has legs (sort of like the Jon Benet Ramsey story from 1996 when the 6 year old beauty pagent contestant was killed in her Boulder, Colorado home; that story still surfaces from time to time).
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was at a British pub in Tampa with my roommate, watching the 1994 World Cup. The drunken Brits at the table in front of us were a hoot when the low-speed chase happened. I can still picture one of them saying something like, "He can't get away, they can do whatever they want, they're the police. Oh wait, this is America, you can sue! You can sue for anything in America!". >>

If you think America is lawsuit happy, the UK is even worse except one recourse the winning party has over there that America doesn't is the losing party is normally on the hook for the winning party's legal costs.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scumbag should rot in jail with the money from his book deal going to his two children who lost their mom at he hands of the "real killers".
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    OJ's book...I Did It.
    Article I remember titled "OJ Tells All" could be summed up in three magic words...I Did It.

And as polticially incorrect as this is gonna be, how is it that at the time of the so-called "trial of the century" (I would think the Lizzie Borman trial would better qualify but whatever) roughly 80%ish of whites thought he was guilty and 80%ish of blacks thought he was not guilty (he sure as hell wasn't "innocent"; I think he was a well known wife beater/thug even before the murders, correct?)? I don't get it. I just don't get it at all.

PS: Before anyone tries to cry wolf, sorry "RACIST!!" at me, I feel exactly the same way about the Rodney King deal a couple years prior...the tape clearly shows the "cops" beating him to a pulp over and over and he wasn't hardly putting up any fuss at all (if he even could by that time)...how is it that they got off totally scot free?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    the biggest event to come out of that trail was how the media coverage of news events boomed. It changed the whole way the media reports on anything these days. its funny to see that 20 years ago the black community was mostly not guilty. I just seen a report that says 70% or so of the African Americans survived says he is guilty. amazing how times have changed. some for good, some for the worst.
  • Options
    Happy birthday O.J.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy birthday O.J. >>

Hope you are not having a "happy" birthday!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set