Home Metal Detecting
Options

Getting Back to Detecting

Many years ago I had a Whites detector and was very interested in finding goodies. One of my best findswas a 1812 Large Cent which I founf near Ft McHenry in Baltimore where an construction site was going on. The coin is not in the best shape but you can plainly see the date and other items. I am now back into detecting and looking forward to finding items.I live in north central Maryland and there's plenty of historic places to look, especially where Civil War incampments were. I am also a coin collector and just getting back into that hobby again as well. Now that I'm semi-retired, I can enjoy dectecting, coin collecting and of course fishing. Who says when you get old life's almost over, baloney!

ron

Comments

• Options
    i hope you get you mr. mojo rising and find some neat stuff....lots of old dirt in md. to dig in....good luck
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A coin dated 1812 from a War of 1812 site that's famous for The Star-Spangled Banner? Man, how can you beat that?

I'm really happy to see you here and welcome you to our small but growing online community, and I hope we see some cool Baltimore-area finds when you get out and put the coil to the soil!!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>I can enjoy dectecting, coin collecting and of course fishing. >>

Sounds like life is just beginning. image

Welcome aboard!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation