Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

T-206 Collection Stolen

Someone posted this on the Beckett boards, I'm surprised it hasn't been posted here yet.
T-206 Collection Stolen
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I just saw the same thread and was also surprised the owner of the collection didn't immediately post here. Has he shown up over on Net54?

Geordie
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    The owner should contact all the grading companies with good clear scans, and if possible have them watch for the same cards coming in. If a shipment of raw T206s rolls in that should be pretty easy to spot.
  • Options
    Put an ad in the local paper saying you want to buy old baseball cards, who ever stole the cards may call. The thief probable knows the owner so find an alternate phone number. Was anything else stolen? If only the cards were stolen them I am fairly sure its someone who new the cards were there. Good Luck!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    His computer and IPOD were stolen as well. That speaks to me that it might of been a teenager or someone in their early 20's. If they know what PSA graded cards means then the odds are they will be popped out of their holders. All the big dealers should be notified about someone possibly a younger person selling off a lot of T206's. At the next big card shows in Texas and elsewhere I would pass out the list of cert numbers and scans of the easiest to identify cards from the set to dealers in case they show up there. Lets hope they try going to a good honest dealer like Mile High, Memory Lane, 707 etc instead of some lesser reputable dealers who have been known to sell altered cards to ESPN announcers.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Anyone else find it strange that a PSA Set Registry user would join the Beckett boards specifically to get the word out that his set has been stolen? Why not this forum?
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Houston? Oh my! Most likely some 'crack-head' or junkie stole his collection, and already traded them for a few 'hits of crack or 'some dope'...

These cards could be anywhere on the planet by now!

Tuff luck for this collector. The odds of him seeing his collection again? Not too good!

rd

imageimageimageimageCLICK HERE AND LISTEN!! The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil imageimageimageimage

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    first and most important of all is that it totally sucks to have your stuff stolen, whether it is baseball cards, a car stereo or your lunch from the office refrigirator.

this will lead to the debate whether a safe deposit box is the way to go or not. i prefer it, but i know many others do not. it is great to be able to look at your cards whenever you want but the reality is that you cannot watch them 24 hours a day and this world is full of sick fux who will take whatever they can get from whomever they can get it from.

whether this collection was insured or not the insurance money will never replace the time and joy spent building the collection especially one so unique as T-206.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    unfortunately 9 times outta 10 these crimes are committed by friends of the victims. SUX
  • Options
    I never thought about how the Set Registry could help in this situation, but as soon as someone tries to register one of the stolen cards, an e-mail should be generated to the original owner (assuming he leaves his set on the Registry). All it takes is PSA asking the new guy where he got the card and you've got a good lead on the thief.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully he gets them back. But if they show up on the registry, its likely they will have changed hands several times by then. This really sucks.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Hello all,
    Thank you for reposting this over here and for keeping an eye out for my cards. When I was actively collecting I read the Network54 board a lot, so that's where I thought to post first about my collection being stolen. Then someone mentioned Beckett to me so I posted there. I had forgotten about this board until someone told me it had been a topic over here.
    After signing up for a password it took a few days to process. Now I can post here.

The PSA people were very helpful as far as letting me know they would fully cooperate if someone were to re-register a card. Like people have said, it may still be hard to trace the purchases by then, but it would be better than nothing.

The junkie situation that someone mentioned is the most likely motive. I really doubt someone went in knowing the cards were there. I actually was naive enough to think that our alarm system was enough to keep people out. But the alarm went off and people came right on in. The collection was hidden in the bedroom closet which is one place where they looked. If I'd have had them in another closet maybe they'd have missed them or maybe they'd have stayed in the house longer looking for something. That and my laptop are the only nice small things we have, but of course I am living out the scenerios that they or someone will come back for the tv etc...

I hold out hope that someone somewhere along the line will be my hero and the cards will be recovered. I will reward that person in the best way I can.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    If they are looking for quick cash, check all local pawn shops ASAP!!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Anyone hear of an update with this yet?
  • Options
    i had a HANK AARON RC stolen from me once but this..wow i don't know how i would feel.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2