Home Sports Talk
Options

ONE MORE!

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
LET'S GO METS!!!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    Nice job! Who is starting tomorrow? Can't they send El Duque out there? Massage that calf muscle out, and send him in there!
  • Options
    I think it'll be Perez or Darren Oliver. I can't remember watching a series where the Game 7 pitcher wasn't even known the night before.

All hands on deck, that's for sure!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    That's what I heard too, but I'll tell ya if El Duque feels at all better I'd start him. Hey Willie has the hot hand so whatever he decides is probably best.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Great game for us! I want to choke Billy Wagner though. I hope this sudden loss of confidence doesnt carry over if he needs to go tomorrow

Matt
  • Options
    if El Duque feels at all better I'd start him.

He's not on the roster for the NLCS but they may add him if they make it to the Series!

• Options

<< <i>He's not on the roster for the NLCS but they may add him if they make it to the Series! >>

Oh crud you're right. I thought he got hurt at the start of the NLCS..
  • Options

<< <i>Nice job! Who is starting tomorrow? Can't they send El Duque out there? Massage that calf muscle out, and send him in there! >>

Perez is the scheduled starter.
  • Options
    Perez is the scheduled starter.

Oliver will be in the wings as starter 1A. image

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Funny how the mets winning brings the 'fans' out from under their beds.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    It must be hard to understand what it's like to root for a winning team in the last 15 years, eh?

I would love to see a Tigers/Mets World Series. I think it would be great for baseball.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>It must be hard to understand what it's like to root for a winning team in the last 15 years, eh?

I would love to see a Tigers/Mets World Series. I think it would be great for baseball. >>

Now why would *that* particular matchup be great for baseball?

You mean it'd be great for the bandwagoning yankee 'fans' to say 'we *love* the mets, too!'

I think a Cards/Tigers series would be the ultimate - 2 old school franchises who win with class.
  • Options
    You dont know why? Because there is a special love in baseball for the Mets and the Tigers. Im not saying there isnt love for the Cardinals as there most certainly is. Mets may not be one of the old franchises but the 1969 Miracle Mets and the 1986 Mets have made a huge historical impression on baseball. Yes, some of that fame of the 86 Mets is thanks to poor Bill Buckner.

So you dont have to wet your bed Axhole, its not about NY love...its about baseball love...which you know NOTHING about.

And since when did the Mets not win with class????
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> And since when did the Mets not win with class???? >>

Because they have a NY on their hats. Thats why .... sniff sniff image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I know how much fun and exciting it is when the team you pull for has a chance to win the world series as mine did last year. Its an undescribable emotion. However thank goodness one of these teams will be put out of their misery tonight. Last year Houston, now this year St. Louis and the Mets, none of them are World Series material.

El Duque, you have to be kidding me. Last year he was the sixth starter on his team. Nuff said.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    Perez gets the start. even though his record is pathetic, with that 3/4 lefty delivery he'll be in the majors as long as he wants to.

GUT CHECK for the CARDINALS this time. they let opportunity after opp go away last night, and now they're feeling the pressure.

I really want to see Wags get the job done with no wiggle room.
  • Options

<< <i> Last year Houston, now this year St. Louis and the Mets, none of them are World Series material.
    >>

I just dont get this statement.

image The Mets or the Cardinals are not World Series material?

Granted the Cardinals record wasnt the best but they are here one game away. The Mets had the best NL record this year and tied for the best MLB record as well.

So which one of the teams that were not good enough to make it this far is World Series material?

Matt
  • Options
    Matt, keep in mind this is the same guy who told me when Julius Jones was drafted that he would not be the Cowboys starting runningback in 2 years.

Hey IrishMike, Julius has looked great with his 4.6 avg . Where ya been pal ?

Dave
  • Options
    Lets' get it on! Shea looks rocking tonight.

Let's Go Mets!!

• Options
    mets score on david wright rbi 1-0 here we go mets
  • Options
    first break goes to the mets, jam job flopper down the right field line to score first...
  • Options
    AAAAAAA Wrong Answer

First break went to the Cards on Delgado's drop . . . Cards just didn't capitalize

DP
  • Options
    true, that was a break.....
  • Options
    2nd cardinal break, this time they cash in...
  • Options
    HOLY CHIT!! THAT CATCH BY CHAVEZ IS UP THERE WITH THE BEST OF ALL TIME!!

• Options
    Rolen is having a really rough game.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was one heck of an inning by Jeff Suppan. He got out of a huge jam.

Shane

• Options
    He's got guts, for sure.

• Options
    Maybe he'll be winded after busting it down the line now and give up a leadoff homer!

• Options
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Funny how the mets winning brings the 'fans' out from under their beds.

Not at all. What I find funny is how you have to crawl out from under your rock and post stupid dope statements.

I guess you just can't help it.

(being the stupid dope that you are)

Steve

Good for you.