Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

VERY SURPRISING FIND REGARDING 2006-D SF LINCOLN CENTS

Out of curiosity, I checked the pop reports today and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that only 18 coins have been graded 69RD(SF) out of a total of 783 submitted (less than 3%). NOT A SINGLE COIN HAS BEEN GRADED 70RD. I thought for sure the 69RD pop would go up but it has leveled off. image

Here is the breakdown out of 783 coins submitted to date:

66RD - 2
67RD - 241
68RD - 522
69RD - 18
70RD - 0

Comments

• DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I made about half of the total with my first round. they let minor spots go that round and the next round they did not for me and i assume most people. very inconsistent at best at PCGS.
  • I'm happy to report that mine is "spot-free". image
    good for you! Do you have a pic to post?
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I have a box of business strikes to go through. Problem is I know nothing about grading Lincolns.
    I also have no idea what the pops are on the 2006-P business strike coins. image
    Dan
  • I finally just picked up a pair of 2006 business strikes in 67RD the other day from Clackamas image

Pops for 2006 business strike lincolns:

06-P:

65-22
    66-32
    67-102
    68-2

06-D:

65-18
    66-28
    67-48
    68-1

<< <i>I have a box of business strikes to go through. Problem is I know nothing about grading Lincolns.
    I also have no idea what the pops are on the 2006-P business strike coins. image >>

Don't worry, neither does PCGSimage

• << <i>I have a box of business strikes to go through. Problem is I know nothing about grading Lincolns.
    I also have no idea what the pops are on the 2006-P business strike coins. image >>

It is much about the look and having clean fields and a lack of distractions, nicks, spots, etc.
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's harder to get decent, worth grading 'D' mint than 'P' mint BS Lincolns. Who's got the MS68's? image
  • I got one of them.
  • ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    TTT

Thought I'd revisit this post. Pop for the satin finish 06-D in 69RD has almost doubled...now at 35 (at 18 when I first posted). Anyone know what these are going for these days? Still holding $500 or have they dropped? I also wonder if someone is sitting on a batch of them image
  • Thought I'd revisit this post. Pop for the satin finish 06-D in 69RD has almost doubled...now at 35 (at 18 when I first posted). Anyone know what these are going for these days? Still holding $500 or have they dropped? I also wonder if someone is sitting on a batch of them image >>

Toby,
    I finally landed a spot-free example on 5-4-07. I won it on Ebay for $363. Expected to pay more.

Images

RegistryNut image
    Toby,
    I finally landed a spot-free example on 5-4-07. I won it on Ebay for $363. Expected to pay more.

Good to hear!!! I'd bet that at least 10 of them were submitted at one time and someone is easing them into the market slooooooooowly...

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me add a comment here. It still amazes me that the 2005 and 2006 business strike pops are still so low. People lack the courage to submit these coins because of the spotting issue and now because of the crazy dollars being paid for SATINS? Who have the higher Pops? This is all so nuts. So let me make a prediction. The 2008 Business strike cents are looking very good this year. I think we will see a ready supply of MS 68, once folks get the guts to send some in.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

• << <i>Let me add a comment here. It still amazes me that the 2005 and 2006 business strike pops are still so low. People lack the courage to submit these coins because of the spotting issue and now because of the crazy dollars being paid for SATINS? Who have the higher Pops? This is all so nuts. So let me make a prediction. The 2008 Business strike cents are looking very good this year. I think we will see a ready supply of MS 68, once folks get the guts to send some in.

WS >>

How did you get 2008 Business Strikes? All I got was the 2007's? Anyone know the current populations for these? Jason
    Collector of Modern Sprockets!

Don't hate on Moderns. Your Kids and Grandkids are going to pay out the A$$ for them when they're your age!
    WS,

I presume the 08' was a typo. So, do you know something that we all don't know about the 07's?

Check out the 67RD & 68RD lincoln pops on BUSINESS STRIKES for 05', 06' and 07':

(67RD/68RD)

05-P 28/4
    05-D 66/1
    06-P 182/2
    06-D 67/1
    07-P 9/0
    07-D 5/0

So, over the past three years (and granted people are just starting to submit the 07's) ONLY 8 business strike lincolns have been graded 68 with 0 grading 69 or 70.

I did manage to get my 07-P and 07-D in 67RD...so I'm happy about that image My 67RD 07-P looks nicer than some of my 68RD's from 00'-04'! Moving forward, I doubt I will ever have an interest in buying another 68RD...talk about paying an absolute premium! In 05' I decided to collect the business strikes in 67RD and the satin finishes in 69RD. Business strikes go in the basic sets and satin finish in the variety sets image
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Typo, and its just my observation that NONE of the 07's I am seeing in circulation have those darn black spots. If it had not been for the prints, I would have submitted them!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • I have a box of 50 rolls (P mint) in VA, and sad to say there are Black spots everywhere ! I don't know how the Denvers look but I should get my box with in a week or so.
    Collector of Modern Sprockets!

Don't hate on Moderns. Your Kids and Grandkids are going to pay out the A$$ for them when they're your age!
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    One of the reason the pops are so low for 2007 is becasue I have not done them. I made most of the 2006's. It was so much work with little payout that I bagged it this year.