Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A big thank you goes to Waldo from the Dimeman

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
for his free 1969 Dime to me in MS63. Didn't think I was ever going to get a 69 and it is NOT a rare coin!!!

Just wanted to thank hime publicly and tell him what a nice guy he is.

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageimageimageimage

Thanks again, Jon

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman:

IMHO, yes I believe that this is a rare coin. I believe that it is on the low end of being a semi-key date in the clad Roosies. The Mint Sets were schitt, and ya can't find the rolls. Like I said before, I haven't seen a decent one to get graded. I have never owned a 1969 MS Roosie.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAUL,

This coin is nice for a clad coin and has almost FB. I don't know why it is only a 63. It hasn't got the marks of a 63, but is not flashy I guess. But then most clads aren't, especially in this time period.

By NOT rare I ment there are millions of 69's. Just not many nice ones, IE high grade. image

Jon
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon:

Those early clads ie: 69-72 Phillys are crap. They mostly come with flat, smooth, rounded hair and have no definition to the strike. Most of these issues have no bottom bands let alone have any resemblence to 2 bands. Most are what Dan60 calls unibands. Also along the rim on the obverse the legends ie: The date and "In GOD we trust" are usually weakly struck including the top of the letters in LIBERTY. The Philly Mint gave not a care in the world when they made these and I highly doubt you will ever see any of these 4 dates in a MS67FB holder.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.