Options

Eli Manning or Rivers

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
who will be the better QB?
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think Rivers has played enough pro football to fairly compare him to Eli at this stage, but it's an interesting question nevertheless.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Rivers.

Of course, I'm a life-long Charger fanimage

Steve
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Don't think Rivers has played enough pro football to fairly compare him to Eli at this stage, but it's an interesting question nevertheless. >>

Even with the huge advantage in playing time eli has, Rivers is easily the more polished QB with a better arm and better instincts. You don't see Rivers making pathetic 4th quarter interceptions like eli does.
  • Options
    Rivers is easily the more polished QB with a better arm and better instincts. You don't see Rivers making pathetic 4th quarter interceptions like eli does.

Rivers has played 4 NFL games, 2 of which were against Tennessee and Oakland, the Division 1-AA equivalent of the NFL. Eli led his team to the playoffs in his second full season at QB.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Rivers is easily the more polished QB with a better arm and better instincts. You don't see Rivers making pathetic 4th quarter interceptions like eli does.

Rivers has played 4 NFL games, 2 of which were against Tennessee and Oakland, the Division 1-AA equivalent of the NFL. Eli led his team to the playoffs in his second full season at QB. >>

Led his team to the playoffs? Don't you mean Tiki led his team to the playoffs? With Tiki struggling (no TDs and a fumble, 85 or so yards a game), Eli's weakness as a QB has shown through. He can't will his team to win.

Rivers is completing 67% of his passes, QB rating of 94.5%, and would be 4-0 if 'Martyball' hadn't made its way onto the field.

Eli's numbers have been grossly padded by the second half game of the Seattle game in which they got outscored 42-3 in the first half.

Rivers is far and away the better QB.

• Options
    Ax, sometimes I think you're either:

a) too dumb to understand anything about sports

or

b) a total jackass

or

c) all of the above

I'm leaning towards C.

• Options
    eli has been unsuited to play pro ball from the day he let daddy make his decision where to play.

Now he's in ny, with a loudmouth TE who's mouth outperforms his numbers every day, a running back who's last great year is behind him, and a team that's collapsed.

Rivers has a top 3 RB in his backfield, the leagues best TE (who lets his numbers do all the talking), and a DOMINANT defense (with potential defensive player of the year nominee Merriman), throws a better ball, makes better decisions, and is on his way to a stellar career.

Don't be bitter.
  • Options
    It is C.

• Options
    Someone's bitter.

• Options
    Someone's a racist NY hater, too, but that's besides the point. image

• Options
    Someone's hopped off the ny bandwagon in a hurry!

Just think, you could have had Rivers - instead, daddy's boy eli whined and cried to get traded - no wonder he's your hero! You're JUST LIKE HIM.

Rivers.

• Options
    You're JUST LIKE HIM.

I wouldn't mind being Eli Manning. Better than being a cell phone sales rep like Axhole toiling away in some kiosk at some mall somewhere for $10 an hour. image

• Options

<< <i>You're JUST LIKE HIM.

I wouldn't mind being Eli Manning. Better than being a cell phone sales rep like Axhole toiling away in some kiosk at some mall somewhere for $10 an hour. image >>

Of course you would...you let daddy make all your big decisions...you make critical mistake after critical mistake...you'll never be a winner...and you're a big whining baby. You two are mental twins!

$10 an hour? Hell I haven't made that small of coin since I was 18.

Kiosk? Nope, wrong again.

Are you every right?

I am sure when you get promoted to fry cook that $10 must seem like big scratch.

• Options
    Are you every right?

I think you mean "ever" right...cell phone boy.

• Options

<< <i>Are you every right?

I think you mean "ever" right...cell phone boy. >>

So I made a typo.

And I will take your lack of a response to mean 'no, Axtell, I am never every right'.

Does your momma know you're on the internet this late, tool?
  • Options
    So I made a typo.

And I will take your lack of a response to mean 'no, Axtell, I am never every right'.

Does your momma know you're on the internet this late, tool?

This coming from the guy who loves to highlight the typos of others to make himself feel superior. Don't like it when it's thrown back at you, huh, moron? You're too easy to ridicule. It's not even fun anymore.

• Options
    No, what's fun is making fun of a grown ass man who has to have his daddy make decisions where he's going to work.

I'd say you could relate to that, but, seeing as you don't know who your daddy is, you can't talk to him.

Try the mailman.
  • Options
    Tell us again, Ax, why God doesn't exist and why the United States government is responsible for the 9/11 terror attacks. I'm sure everyone would like to know.

• Options
    hahah owned here too!

Rivers is the better QB, hands down. eli 'daddy help me pick!' manning is a pale and pathetic runner up.

Why don't you go visit the 24 hour forums that FF set up, instead of trying to take these threads open forum?

Assbag.
  • Options
    Why are you dodging my questions??>

Tell us again, Ax, why God doesn't exist and why the United States government is responsible for the 9/11 terror attacks. I'm sure everyone would like to know.

• Options
    You are a sad pathetic little man.

You should seek therapy...and not with 'god', but with a real person.
  • Options

Just what I thought...you're a dirtbag who pulls his tail between his legs when push comes to shove. Loser.

• Options

• Options

Just what I thought...you're a dirtbag who pulls his tail between his legs when push comes to shove. Loser.

• Options
    groteboy, you're an idiot.

And I can paste replies faster than you.

• Options

• Options
    Tiki Barber carries the game for the giants today as eli tosses up 2 more picks.

Rivers is 14/15 for 200+ yards and 2 TDs (no picks) halfway through the second quarter.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eli picked apart the Falcons in the second half. Ax, you can harp on the INTS alllllllll fu$king day. Of course you won't make a peep about Eli's much improved completion % or the TD's he threw in this game. image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    I think rivers has more talent...
  • Options
    Ax is a dirtbag, soft. He spews garbage that doesn't make any sense just to keep his yap running.

• Options

<< <i>Eli picked apart the Falcons in the second half. Ax, you can harp on the INTS alllllllll fu$king day. Of course you won't make a peep about Eli's much improved completion % or the TD's he threw in this game. image >>

So that makes up for his pathetic pass selection?

The guy has cotton candy for an arm, throws vital picks, and, if Tiki doesn't go off today, the giants are sitting on another loss.

Keep on defending your boy - it's obvious Rivers is a better QB.
  • Options
    It's obvious that Axhole is a lying, dirtbag, racist hypocrite, too, but we all knew that.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Back on topic - I have been quietly picking up Rivers auto RC's for a while now, waiting for him to breakout. He's in a great situation in SD, and he has shown a lot of maturity in these early games he's played. Between him and Eli, the choice is clear - Rivers.
  • Options
    15-8 in favor of Rivers...looks like all the ny 'fans' and their alt IDs voted on the eli side.