Home Sports Talk
Options

Congrats Tiger Fans...

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
You guys deserve it for all you've been through the last 22 years!

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck... I still remember 1968... a Detroit-St. Louis rematch would be great to see... even if it is 38 years later

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I love Jim Leyland (won his first championship with us) and he puts so much into the games.

Congrats to you Detroit!

I'd like to see a Cardinals/Detroit series also, but the Mets lineup versus Detroit pitching could be interesting too.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Never in my life have been more proud to wear the olde English D. Today's game was absolutely fantastic, the place went totally nuts as soon as ball left Magglio's bat. It's a great day for a lifelong Tigers fan!
  • Options
    Congrats Tigers...........you deserve it!!!! Now win the Series.........
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detroit traditionally has done well in the series... Its just a question of getting there.image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's certainly one good thing about sucking for 22 years: When you finally do win something, the pandemonium is unmatched. (Tangent - As a Michigan State fan, I keep trying to explain this to michigan fans, but they don't seem to understand). The atmosphere at Comerica after Mags went deep was indescribable. That being said, for my money, the 2 games against the Yankees were even better. The crowd was electric from the first pitch to the final pitch in those games, possibly because they weren't frozen to their seats.