Home Metal Detecting

still silver in circulation

my mom works at a bank. she called for me and my son to see what she found
she got 1 morgan 2 peace dollars 110 washington quarters 60 mercury and rosevelt dimes 1 barber dime 20 v nickels 15 buffalo nickels, 30 indian head pennies 60 wheat pennies, 4 standing liberty quarters, 1 half cent, 1 large penny, several brittish coins from the 1860,s so its still out there if you can find it. later greg

Comments

• How are we gonna find it if your mom keeps taking it out of circulation? image

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • she needs to learn to share with son and grandson. she,s allright we went up to the bank yesterday she sold us 28 silver dimes for face and we looked through 400.00 in quarters for some she missed we found 10 in that we were both happy
  • gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    a few weeks ago my older brother called me and told me he wanted to come out to the house, he then gave me a 1957d silver quarter, worn but in not to bad of shape
  • I got a 1963 silver quarter at Rite Aid a few days ago
  • I havent found silver in circulation in a while. Last I found was 2 silver dimes in the barracks in Japan. Cant remember the last actual find in circulation though.

I regularly find wheat pennies... 1 or so a week. I was walking across a very small field on the way to Wendys from work here one day... I saw a few pennies on the ground. I wasnt going to pick them up, until I noticed one of them had a wheat back... so I did. Turned out to be a 1944 wheatie.

Last "silver" I found was 40% halves. I went to the bank, and sorted through $150 worth, and found 2. Then they proceeded to get stolen from me (along with a couple rolls) from my little sister... so I was a little pissed about that.
  • I'm not a coin guy but last year i went to the bank to get change for the store. i ended up with 16 rolls of silver dimes. they were circulated condition but im betting somebodys collection or stash got stolen and taken to the bank. I couldn't believe it one roll after the other. of course i took them all straight to the coin shop and sold them
  • During the winter months I occasionally stop at the bank and pick up a couple hundred dollars in coins to look through. I can say that I have found more silver in the ground in the last 3 or 4 years than I have in bank rolls. I never fail finding wheat pennies in rolls, but I rarely find wheat pennies in the ground. Go figure. Wish I had a person on the "inside" so to speak.

imageimageimage