Home Sports Talk
Options

2006 NL CY YOUNG AWARD--Discuss

DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
Several players are tied for first in wins and there really is no standout here.

I know wins are a poor category to judge by, but this season is interesting since I can imagine Bronson Arroyo or John Smoltz get it or even some of the other top pitchers. This is the hardest pick in a long time.

My nostalgic favorite is John Smoltz. Glavine and Maddux did not have bad seasons either, but still, quite a few pitchers still surpass them. Glavine could make the top 10 in voting. He was the stablity of the Mets staff. Maddux practically rescued the Dodgers when he came on. All three guys were staff aces this year. I am happy to see this happen. I grew up watching the trio when they were on the Braves.
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carpenter -- at least according to the boneheads at FoxSports.
  • Options
    Carpenter will win it. 2nd place: Brandon Webb 3rd place: Trevor Hoffman
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roy Oswalt just might sneak in.

Shane

• Options
    Webb from Arizona.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if Adam Harang or Carlos Zambrano get serious consideration. I personally think Brandon Webb will win it, with Carpenter and Oswalt being top three.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you guys have different opinions as to who gets the award, I think there will be a lot of vote splitting and someone like John Smoltz may sneak in. All the guys mentioned have a shot. I have nothing against Harang, Webb, Carpenter, Oswalt....those are all meritorious for the CY Young. There is no clear pack leader, so this should be a fun vote to watch.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trevor Hoffman!

Steve