Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I think I found my "lifetime" set goal .... 742 coins!

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
U.S. Cents Complete Set (1793-present)
Number of Required Coins: 742
Finest Possible Set Rating: 65.10

US Cents Complete Set (1793-present)

It even included half cents.

Interestingly the number 1 set is at 46% and is titled "no way" image
Doug

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that the "Finest Possible Set Rating is as high as 65.10. I would imaging it being lower then that considering the half cents, but what do I know about cents...............................................................................................NOTHING! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I found my "lifetime" set goal .... 742 coins!

Great project. Good luck!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that there are six sets and four of them a marked as updated. Looks like they are staying busy.
    And I agree that it could be a great goal to strive for.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will be quite a collection.

I am doing the same thing in Dimes except circ only no proofs. So my count is more like 456, which is enough to keep me busy for a while.imageimageimage
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    All I have to say guys, is that I'm young and the set (cents w/ 742 coins) I'm working on now is going to be a lifetime project.

Stones Cent Collection

I have atleast 35-40% of the coins, but my problem is putting them all in PCGS slabs. The proofs are going to be extremely difficult to locate.
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting that there are six sets and four of them a marked as updated. Looks like they are staying busy.
    And I agree that it could be a great goal to strive for. >>

Yup... One of them is my set. I am the number 4 set right now with only 9% complete. I am only working on the lincolns at the moment but I do also have many of the large cents in a dansco. Will definitely be a nice lifetime project.
  • Options
    I am still waiting for my lifetime goal....the complete dollar superset. I better buy up those p-01 early dollars now, while I can still afford them.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Sonoranman, you're in the same boat as me, buy those low graders for cheap and complete one of the toughest/ most expensive series in all of (US) coin collecting. Large silver bust just make me salivate!!!

Good luck all on your endeavors and I wish you all the best of luck image