Home Sports Talk
Options

A perfect season 18-0

The Bears have a shot at a undefeated season, a couple tough games but I bet the folks in Miami are already talking about my boyz!
Any thoughts? Who's going to beat them in the regular season? New England, NYG,NYJ, St. Louis - NOPE!

Sep 10 @Green Bay Won 26-0
Sep 17 Detroit Won 34-7
Sep 24 @Minnesota Won 19-16
Oct 1 Seattle Won 37-6
Oct 8 Buffalo Won 40-7

Oct 16 @Arizona 8:30pm 125 123

Week 7 BYE

Oct 29 San Francisco 1:00pm
Nov 5 Miami 1:00pm
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 26 @New England 1:00pm
Dec 3 Minnesota 1:00pm
Dec 11 @St. Louis 8:30pm
Dec 17 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 31 Green Bay 1:00pm

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who's going to beat them >>

New England

Tampa Bay ( My upset special ) image

matt
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schedule looks good, but once they wrap up home field (around week 12) and start resting the starters, there's bound to be a loss somewhere. It's just too difficult for a team to maintain that kind of intensity the entire season. Look what happened to Indy last year, and they were alot deeper into the season than Chicago is at only 5-0. I'd love to see it happen, but I just don't see it turning out that way. 14-2 is my prediction.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    There's good reason to be excited, but you've got a LONG WAY TO GO image.
  • Options
    new england, Minny, and NY giants are only tough games i see left. So far minny has given them the toughest game.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    wait until rex glassman, goes down again and then lets see what happens. Orton is not the answer, neither is Griese. You all have
    bullseys on your back now..running up the score on Buffalo.....teams remember that. payback is a *itch...of course whats the
    use of this thread when you can't win in the playoffs?

JS
  • Options
    After already hearing undefeated season talk a few weeks in, I wouldn't be suprised if the Cardinals win on Monday night...
  • Options
    I wouldn't be suprised if the Cardinals win on Monday night...

Though I think the Bears will lose this season, it certainly won't be on Monday night. Leinart will get hit more times on Monday than he got touched in his entire senior season at USC!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After already hearing undefeated season talk a few weeks in, I wouldn't be suprised if the Cardinals win on Monday night... >>

I thought the same thing, but the Cardinals just aren't good enough. I was thinking that because I remember that Monday night game back in 1985 when the Bears were undefeated and unstoppable. I bet both my kidneys on the Bears plus more - I think the line was Bears -8 if I'm remembering right, and of course Miami won the game straight up. I'm still on dialysis from that game - LOL.

For sure, the Bears wil not go undefeated. Grossman will "hit the wall" later in the season because this is really his first full season, and Smith has too much inexperience yet as a head coach. I actually see the Bears getting beat in the playoffs, possibly the first game. They won't make it to the Super Bowl this season.

-
  • Options
    Dolphins were a much tougher Monday night matchup for the 85 Bears than the Cards could ever dream of being. These Bears, though, barring injury, will get to the Super Bowl IMO. No way they get knocked out in the first round. They are too good to get bounced that easily this year.

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Well, assuming the bears end up with the best record in the nfc, there's no way they get bounced in the first round - they'll have a bye.

Saying the bears have a shot at an undefeated season is the surest way to jinx them into losing a game. And 5 weeks in and bears fans are dreaming of an undefeated season with rex grossman at the helm?

A team that's flying completely silent are the st. louis rams. Bulger is completing passes at a 60% clip, 7 TDs and no interceptions. Take away the bad loss against the 49ers, and they're a perfect 5-0 as well (including a win over Denver).
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is way to early for the undefeated debate. WAY to early.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Miami might be the surprise upset for them. Something about going into Miami undefeated.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I know it's early, but after last years squad took us to the playoffs with no offense it sure is looking good right about now!

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    SF beats them! no joke
    Wondo

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Miami might be the surprise upset for them. Something about going into Miami undefeated. >>

I thought the same thing when I looked at their schedule. That would be some crazy irony for that whole scenario to replay itself. Bears are a monster this year but their schedule really hasn't been that tough and isn't all that tough the rest of the year. Agreed that it's way too early to talk about 16-0 but I don't see any reason at this point why it's not a real possibility.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>After already hearing undefeated season talk a few weeks in, I wouldn't be suprised if the Cardinals win on Monday night... >>

I thought the same thing, but the Cardinals just aren't good enough. I was thinking that because I remember that Monday night game back in 1985 when the Bears were undefeated and unstoppable. I bet both my kidneys on the Bears plus more - I think the line was Bears -8 if I'm remembering right, and of course Miami won the game straight up. I'm still on dialysis from that game - LOL.

For sure, the Bears wil not go undefeated. Grossman will "hit the wall" later in the season because this is really his first full season, and Smith has too much inexperience yet as a head coach. I actually see the Bears getting beat in the playoffs, possibly the first game. They won't make it to the Super Bowl this season. >>

Scary how history repeats itself - this is EXACTLY how that Monday night game in 1985 began. Of course this game is a long way from over.
  • Options
    The line on this game was Bears -14. This game is already over, in the first quarter, as far as the "against the spread" betting is concerned.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Bears have a shot at a undefeated season, a couple tough games but I bet the folks in Miami are already talking about my boyz!
    Any thoughts? Who's going to beat them in the regular season? New England, NYG,NYJ, St. Louis - NOPE!

Sep 10 @Green Bay Won 26-0
    Sep 17 Detroit Won 34-7
    Sep 24 @Minnesota Won 19-16
    Oct 1 Seattle Won 37-6
    Oct 8 Buffalo Won 40-7

Oct 16 @Arizona 8:30pm 125 123

Week 7 BYE

Oct 29 San Francisco 1:00pm
    Nov 5 Miami 1:00pm
    Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
    Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
    Nov 26 @New England 1:00pm
    Dec 3 Minnesota 1:00pm
    Dec 11 @St. Louis 8:30pm
    Dec 17 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
    Dec 24 @Detroit 1:00pm
    Dec 31 Green Bay 1:00pm >>

This is why you don't start talking about stuff in October!
  • Options
    Looks like Bears fan is under the bed already!
  • Options
    Me thinks that ChrisC put Da Hex on Da Bears image.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know it's early, but after last years squad took us to the playoffs with no offense it sure is looking good right about now! >>

BUT .... its October 14th man! You might as well say that being 1-0 in early September is "lookin good" tooimage

I'm not knockin the Bears .... very good team .... BUT undefeated talk on Oct. freaking 14th and earlier? No way man ..... no way

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Grossman has -7 points so far...how many people went to bed tonight up a few points with Rex on their team expecting an easy win??

LMAO

JS
  • Options
    I new this thread was going to pop back up image - games not over yet!
  • Options
    Leinart just chewed up another 6 minutes and got 3 out of it....Bears need divine help right now....or a nice long catch and score by Berrian image

JS
  • Options
    Ok so maybe ChrisC knows what he's talking about image.
  • Options
    That was the most pathetic lie down I have ever seen. You might as well just handed it off to the Bears d and let me walk it in. How is a
    vet like Edgerring putting the ball on the ground late in the game? Freaking Rackers #1 FG in fantasy and he chokes on it. Burn that
    stadium down!

JS
  • Options
    Grossman goes 14 for 37 , 148 yards, and 4 INTs. No problem for Da Bears image
  • Options
    4 INT's AND 2 fumbles...edge had maybe 1 point and no receiver had more than 1 point. Whats worse is that special teams TD count
    for the defense. I was 25 freaking points up with Berrian going tonight against Chicago's D and their kicker and I wind up losing by
    3. WTF?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe they won the game tonite!!!!

40 yd FG - not exactly a chip shot but in those conditions - shoulda made it.

Give the Bears credit for not giving up!

This just may make them a better team.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    man who said jinkimage
  • Options
    Looks like the stronger reverse jinx overcame the initial jinx. One day there might be a scientific study devoted to these jinx phenomenons, which seem to jinx accurately almost 100% of the time. image