Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just a reminder

No offense meant to those who have posted, but it is necessary to point out that the proper place for notices of sale or trade is the Buy Sell Trade forum lest this forum becomes nothing more than an ad bulletin board.
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    I would even settle for the Vintage Trading Forum.

But, this is not the place for eBay spam or wantlists.

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    I dont have a problem with it as long as it states it in the title

Personally I'm not going to waste my time looking through every forum, This is the Registry form, So if somebody has something for sale that can help another person get closer to completing there set, Doesnt everybody win?

This is not a place for want lists, Please!! How many posts talk about what Dave needs for his sets and every other big hitter out there.

I'm sorry if i offended anybody, Just tried of the Whiners

------------------------------------------------------------
    Need help finishing my 1981 Basketball set and Yes I passed the evil empire

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sorry if i offended anybody, Just tried of the Whiners >>

Didn't quite get your post. You think it's okay to post sell items in the registry forum, but not okay for want lists. Somebody else will think it's okay for want lists, but not sell items. Yet another person might feel that neither are okay, but auction spams are fine.

At this point, 1 or 2 (or 3) sell posts are not the end of the world, but if it isn't pointed out that there is a more appropriate forum for these, there is a good chance that every one with a sell post drops it into the Set Registry Forum - if registry set owners are looking for material, they know which forum to go to, and it ain't this one.

Which "whiners" are you referring to?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options

<< <i> Which "whiners" are you referring to? >>

Maybe he meant "weiners" but doesn't realize that the Dodgers set was only included with cold cuts. image

(Yeah, yeah bad joke, sorry!)
  • Options
    Maybe he meant "Waners"; after Paul and Lloyd, how many can there be?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    I'm selling my, wife and 12 daughters, cheap! All healthy and love "fine dining and designer clothing" (not to mention, cars, insurance, tuition, allowances and sooooooooooooo much more!).

I didn't want to spam it in the "buy, sell or trade" link.

I was afraid someone would want to trade. image Wait just a minute! Maybe I should go to the "buy, sell or trade" site after all? In fact, I'll take a Barry Bonds RC "straight-up", for the whole lot! image

rd

On a more serious note, MorrellMan did correctly, mention in a polite manner, and didn't "single-out" any particular individual. He simply pointed-out to all, where is the correct forum to list your item(s) available for sale. I personally took no offense whatsoever to his post, and IMO, either should anyone else.

imageimageimageimageCLICK HERE AND LISTEN!! The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil imageimageimageimage

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Mark's point is very well taken. Clogging up the Set Registry Board with posts on sales is inappropriate.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm selling my, wife and 12 daughters, cheap! >>

Wow, I couldn't imagine living with 13 females in the house. Well, actually I could, but that's a whole other topic.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm selling my, wife >>

How much? I might be interested. Is there any visable damage, especially on the corners or edges?

Thanks

matt
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>

How much? I might be interested. Is there any visable damage, especially on the corners or edges?

Thanks

matt >>

Matt, I'm recinding all offers! First of all, I do not want to break-up the lot. Secondly, don't want negative feedback! image

rd

imageimageimageimageCLICK HERE AND LISTEN!! The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil imageimageimageimage

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks

matt >>

Matt, I'm recinding all offers! First of all, I do not want to break-up the lot. Secondly, don't want negative feedback! image

rd

imageimageimageimageCLICK HERE AND LISTEN!! The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil imageimageimageimage >>

Good Man! I wouldnt break up my set either. They are all Gems! image

Matt
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    While I agree that the other forums are the best place for Ebay links, card for sale, etc...

What is the consensus on offering the appropriate cards for sale in the "Official" set threads?
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

What is the consensus on offering the appropriate cards for sale in the "Official" set threads? >>

Spamming your Ebay auctions should be kept in the buy, sell, trade forum.............offering your items pre Ebay would be fine in the "official" set threads..............IMHO
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    ttt
    Mark (amerbbcards)

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    IMO using an official set thread to announce you're eBaying a large number of cards from a particular set (or selling your registry set on eBay) is ok.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.