Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

1000 th post GiveAway--1999 Clad quarter Proof set-Winners announce in first post

Hello there. Welcome to my 1000th post giveaway-- I have a 1999 Proof (clad)(5 coins) quarter set to give away.They are in the original holder BUT there is no Box or coa. I also have the two LOC albums for Walking Liberty half dollars-(LOC albums 19 & 20) (sorry no slides)and four auction catalogues.
I have this package ready to go-i do not remember what the auction catalogues are. The LOC albums and the catalogues are one prize and the other is the 1999 clad five coin proof set. The Library of Coins Albums (LOC) are used but can still be used - you have to find your own slides though- i don't have them.
I have recently (actually took me about two months) searched through $100.00 face value of cents from the Bank. These are the rolled cents that come $25.00 to a box.
Rules and any forum member may play:
1.Guess the oldest date and mint i found (must be exact--for example 1942-D or 1947-P) There may be more than one correct answer. If there is you still only need to get one right to win.
2. Guess my best find (date-mint-variety-error or whatever you want to guess)
3. Guess the number of bronze cents found (Pre-1983) in the second $50 that i searched.(not quite finished yet-i have 16 more rolls to search through-But i will finish them tomorrow sometime)

NO Editing posts---You may post three guesses(one for each category 1,2&3) every 12 hours but they all must be in the same post.Make sure there is at least 12 hours between your posts or you will be disqualified.
. If no one guesses correctly after 1 day i will start to give clues. we will go until someone wins.
The first winner gets choice:
1. 1999 clad proof-5 coin quarter set in holder but NO box or coa (the greysheet dealer bid is $53 but i don't how much the box or coa is worth.)
2. LOC albums #19 & #20 for walking libery halves and four auction catalogues.(the albums are used and have no slides)-this is a heavy box and i dread the mailing fee but- Oh- well, So be it.
The second winner gets what is left over. If you are very lucky you could win both prizes!!
In a few weeks i will also post a YN challenge giveaway..Thanks for playing along.
Have fun. Bob

Edited to add---SmokinJoe---What are you smokin? a morgan dollar in a lincoln cent roll??

No winners as of yet.
I will give clues(below)and close the contest officially at 12:01 AM on 10/15
Ok there are a few close to the total. Since there doesn't seem to be too much interest in my giveaway--i will award first prize to the closest for total bronze cents at the close the contest. All posts up until 12:01 am on 10/15 will be considered.
Second prize will go to who i consider the closest to the oldest coin that I found unless someone correctly guesses the best find coin.

Ok clues
1.One is not a us coin
2. My best find was a lincoln memorial bronze cent. IMHO worth about $35. It is circulated (and i found 2 Of Them !)
3. Some are fairly close to this one-it is more than 1300 but less than 1700

Answers---1.Total Bronze cents--1447---Closest guess is 1422 by Thenewguy --First Prize--Choice
2. Oldest 1925-S Closest is Mcheath with 1924-D gets second prize (garsmith was tied with 1924 so i flipped a coin to determine the second place winner).
3. Best finds were 2 - 1968-D DDR's

Comments

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    You are making me think too hard, i'm getting a headache!

1. 1924-P
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1919-P
    1936-S

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.Guess the oldest date and mint i found (must be exact--for example 1942-D or 1947-P) There may be more than one correct answer. If there is you still only need to get one right to win.

1938-D

1984 DDO

3. Guess the number of bronze cents found (Pre-1983) in the second $50 that i searched.(not quite finished yet-i have 16 more rolls to search through-But i will finish them tomorrow sometime)

$12.74 worth

Thanks for the opportunity
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    1. 1917-S
    2. 1955 poor man's DD
    3. 215

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    1998 Wide AM

Thanks for the givaway

Mike
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    Compleatly random guesses:

1893-P morgan dollar...?

1909-S indian head... again ?

$10.82 worth.... again ? lol

p.s. I stole your outline ikenefic... thanks lol

• Options
    1. 1919.. just guessing this date because I have got 2 in rolls I have searched(about 25 rolls) in the last 3 months.
    2. 1960d RPM.. since 1960d has a ton of rpm's, though would not really be a great find, it is somewhat common to find them in rolls therefore a good chance you might have found one.
    3. 1422.. just a guess.
    1969s WCLR-001 counterclash
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    1919-p

1924-d

$14.16
  • Options
    1. 1936D
    2. 1936 DDO
    3. 2107
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    1) 1919-S
    2) 1919-S
    3) 2727
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.1995 DDO
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    1. 1911-P

2. 1946-d

3. $13.17
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    I will guess
    OLDEST 1899 IHC

BEST 1909 S VDB

BRONZE $7.11
    JUST A WILD ARSE GUESS image

THANKS FOR THE CHANCE,mOjO
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SmokinJoe---What are you smokin? a morgan dollar in a lincoln cent roll??

No winners as of yet.
    I will give clues(below)and close the contest officially at 12:01 AM on 10/15
    Ok there are a few close to the total. Since there doesn't seem to be too much interest in my giveaway--i will award first prize to the closest for total bronze cents at the close the contest. All posts up until 12:01 am on 10/15 will be considered.
    Second prize will go to who i consider the closest to the oldest coin that I found unless someone correctly guesses the best find coin.

Ok clues
    1. one is not a us coin
    2. My best find was a lincoln memorial bronze cent. IMHO worth about $35. It is circulated (and i found 2 Of Them !)
    3. Some are fairly close to this one-it is more than 1300 but less than 1700
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    1909-p
    wheat small clip
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry contest is over.---Winners announced in first post.
  • Options
    Woohoo..thx rec78
  • Options
    hahaha lol I dont know, im just making compleatly random guesses lol. image lol

p.s. did you mean coins you found going through random change? lol I dont know what I thought you ment lol.
  • Options
    Got the set today, thanks. Oh and my 7 year old granddaughter says thank you also. She is really taking an interest in coins now and I am encouraging her all I can, the set was for her.