Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Looking to buy 2003 fleer tradition Glossy Cards

I am looking to purchase the last 10 cards I need to complete this monster set. If you have any of the following cards please let me know I would be paying $10 for the commons and more for the stars ( Bonds AS)
Here is the list of cards I need

2003 Fleer Glossy

98 Omar Vizquel
190 Jason Phillips
205 Chipper Jones
388 Edgar Renteria

2003 Fleer Glossy Update

U235 Barry Bonds All Star
U301 Beau Kemp
U305 Ryan Wagner
U359 Dave Mantranga

Thanks for helping
George

Comments

• Options
    Wow* You start this in 03? Bought alot of boxes or ??
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    metsmets Posts: 243 ✭✭
    I started it in ernest in late 2004. I love the design of the 1963 fleer cards and it was my favorite set of 2003. When the box prices fell I decided I would give it I try. I purchased almost 80 boxes of the update and purchased a bunch of singles. The hobby boxes seem to have dried up so I am kind of stuck at the moment. I guess I figured since I was woring on a "junk" set the boxes would be easy to find. I noticed this year with some of the rookies getting off to good starts the boxes were much harder to find. So I though I would reach out to see if anyone has any of these lying around just taking up space. If course the last cards are the one's that drive you crazy, but that's part of the reason I enjoy collecting cards. If anyone is looking for some of these glossy cards let me know and I will see if I can help you I have about 350 extra's. I even got 1 card that is numbered 101/100 though that was interisting

George
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting.

That 101/100 is awesome. I saw a similar serial #'d error before. It was 00/50 or something like that.

Whoa 80 boxes.!!

Maybe a posted buy offer on Naxcom will help for some of those needed.

Good Luck finding them all.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    George,
    Do you happen to have a BJ Surhoff from the Update set in your pile of extras?
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Awesome 101/100 pic. Thanks.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Sorry,
    Just looked I do not have an extra B.J. in the glossy version U92 in my extras.
    George
  • Options
    Thanks for checking--good luck on the completion of your set.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    I just checked the Beckett website 2 Surhoff glossy #92 are availible there $2 and $4 I do not know about S&H. I hope that helps
    George
  • Options
    Thanks for the info--I just purchased the card from Beckett.image
  • Options
    If that 101/100 card is ever taking up too much room LMK. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    <FONT face=Verdana size=1>1989FleerBillRipkencollector,

That card is one I will probably be keeping, It could be good trade bait to finish the set though. Here are 3 other errors you might like I think they are from 1987 so maybe fleer can just tell the future????

George

PS I am looking for the correct version of the twins card if anyone has these.</FONT>
  • Options
    If you collect sticker variations and want a list I have LMK as I have a error/variation book written by Dick Gilkeson that is pretty thurough and I have seen the sticker variations listed in there.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Just a bump here I am still looking for these last 15 cards I am paying $15 for commons $25 for Stars and all counter offers will be considered.

Thanks

George
  • Options
    Oh yeah thanks, remind me of the 101/100 image

I hope you find 'em. I heard a true collector can wait 20 years to find what they need but when I worked fast food, I ate alot of fast food so....

You try any other message boards? Post a buy it now on Naxcom? Want it now on ebay? (though that has yet to help me)

Buying all 101/100 cards if cheap enough.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yes, I do have a Want it Now ad on ebay anf that has helped a little getting it down to 15 cards. When I see someone running an auction I also ask if they have any of the cards I need. That has not worked yet. My Naxcom buy it now did not work at all but the price was right so I will try that again. I have also purchased a few more boxes without any luck If I am figuring my odds correctly I should get 1 card I need for every 7 boxes I purchasse, so I am only looking for boxes at the "right" price. (800 cards in set/need 15/ 8 glossy per box average). Anyone want to dump boxes out there? The retail? boxes only had 1 glossy per box so I have not purchased any of those.
  • Options
    Hello,

Just checking if anyone has any 2003 fleer tradition glossy cards around I only have 10 to go and would reward anyone with any of these:

2003 Fleer Glossy regular series (#/100)

98 Omar Vizquel
    190 Jason Phillips
    205 Chipper Jones
    388 Edgar Renteria

2003 Fleer Tradition Glossy Update (#/100)

U235 Bonds AS (someone has to have this card)
    U301 Beau Kemp
    U305 Ryan Wagner
    U315 Robby Hammock

Even if you see these cards in you travels and can point me to purchase them from someone else I will send you something nice.

Thanks for looking,
    George
  • Options
    I was able to knock another card off my list and am down to needing just 9 cards. If anyone out there has any of the 9 cards I still need please let me know.

Thanks to all who take a look.

George
  • Options
    Down to 8 any more help?