Home Metal Detecting
Options

The Treasure of the Sierra Nevada and another dog licence

WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
(Image Deleted)

I was asked to clean out an old storage shed located on property near Dutch Flat California in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
I found these coins while braving wasps and black widow spiders.
The two Irish coins 6d, 1/4d are from 1953, the US dime is from 1963.
I also found a small quantity of late 1960's US pennies.

The Contra Costa county dog licence is from 1967.
https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the old Irish predecimal silver, even when it's worn like that. I once collected the complete run of all Irish predecimal coins from 1928 to 1968, including the rarities. The only one that escaped my grasp was the 1943 florin (25-35 known), but that was optional-the album had a cardboard plug in that hole. I had the 1943 halfcrown (500 or so known).

Nice finds, and worthy entries in the Wild Card category of our monthly awards, if you found them this month.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did clean out the shed this this month, on Monday, October 2 (2006).
    Found old telephone books, Life magazines from the 1960's, and lots of other stuff besides coins.
    A 1940's Lux cuckoo clock is now mounted on my wall, it doesn't work but looks nice.
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

<< <i>Nice finds, and worthy entries in the Wild Card category of our monthly awards >>

Indeed!

We had no entries in September, and those will be a great entry for October.

Nominated!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage