Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What do you think of this toned morgan?

I sent in 20 morgans to pcgs and this one looks like one of the best that came back. Coin has heavy toning. Not sure how to sell or what value it would bring at auction. I saw a few 1880 pcgs ms65 morgans with light toning sell for $500. This one blows all the ones I have seen sold recently away.

Sorry my pics arnt very sharp, any advice about photographing with digital camera would be useful.

Comments

• Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    you should have considered spending the extra $5 bucks for PCGS to snap the pic.

• Options
    What I can see looks nice, but you take pics like me. Do you have a copy stand? That is the first thing I would recommend. No matter how still you think you can hold a camera, the stand does it better.
  • Options
    I think its a problem with my autofocus. I have the resolution set at 3 megapixels but can set it higher around 5 or 6 if that would make a difference.
  • Options
    emzeeemzee Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭
    You need to put camera in macro mode (if possible).
    Michael
  • Options
    I am just wanting to know how much this coin will bring at auction? Thinks for the tips, next time I will set up the camera on a tripod and use macro mode. Can you adjust the focus manually in macro mode?