Home Sports Talk
Options

Bears ????

jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
Last years collapse in the play-offs and a lackluster exhibition season gave me only a mild amount of hope for the Chicago Bears this coming year.

But hey now, they are the top team in the NFC !!

What do you people think ? For real, or waiting for a letdown ? A long way to go , but maybe Da Bears are on the way. I certainly hope so.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Very tough defense, and Grossman looks like he can actually throw a pass! Can he stay healthy for a whole season?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Very tough defense, and Grossman looks like he can actually throw a pass! Can he stay healthy for a whole season? >>

I took some Bears +550 to win the SB, with the idea that I can keep it or scalp it later on in the season. Who's better than the Bears? If anyone is, they aren't better by much. And if Grossman goes down they have an excellent backup. It's a long season, but as of right now it's hard to envision a scenerio where they don't have HFA throughout the playoffs.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Bears can clinch home field advantage and Grossman stays healthy, this team should win the Super Bowl. They have all the ingredients of a championship team.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    As good as the bears looked tonight, does anyone think that there aren't 5 teams in the AFC who are better?

Indy
    Cincy
    B'more
    SD
    NE

All of them I think would give the bears all they could handle and then some.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice win by the Bears - but Grossman and the head coach don't have the experience to beat the Eagles in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Beat the Eagles? image

The Bears are currently the best team in the NFC, I don't think they need to worry too much about the Eagles.
  • Options
    don't have the experience to beat the Eagles in the playoffs.

Are you surre you didn't mean to say da Bears won't have to play the Eagles since the Eagles won't make the playoffs?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching the game last night, I believe the Bears are a powerhouse. Grossman (Like you said ) if he stays healthy could lead this team to a Super Bowl. They got a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grossman doesn't have the experience right now to lead a team to a Super Bowl. In total, he still hasn't even played the equivalent of a full season. Yes Ben R with little experience led a team to a Super Bowl and so did Brady, but they both had head coaches with far more head coaching experience than the Bear's head coach. Don't forget also that Grossman has been very prone to injury - it's a long way to the Super Bowl yet.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Grossman doesn't need to light up the scoreboard for the Bears. All he needs to do is make good decisions with the football and not turn it over. With that defense, this is all you need.
  • Options

<< <i>Grossman doesn't have the experience right now to lead a team to a Super Bowl. In total, he still hasn't even played the equivalent of a full season. Yes Ben R with little experience led a team to a Super Bowl and so did Brady, but they both had head coaches with far more head coaching experience than the Bear's head coach. Don't forget also that Grossman has been very prone to injury - it's a long way to the Super Bowl yet. >>

I think this Bears defense looks tougher than either the Pats or Steelers, but I agree - its a long season yet.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    If's and but's yada yada. I've watched Grossman play since high school. He's got the arm, accuracy and moxie to quarterback a superbowl team. I don't know what accident prone means, he was the victim of two freak injuries. Last time the bears were in a superbowl they had a slightly above average QB. It takes a team to get there and a team to win it.

Every starter is back from last year on both sides of the ball from a 2nd seeded team. It will fun to see if they offense continues to grow. For all you Eagle fans, I have to tell you that they don't scare anyone so get over it. Sure they might do well this season but I don't see a team that intimidates anyone. Time will tell how real they are.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    a powerful offensive line capable of clearing holes for even just a good, not great rb.....good group of short yardage possession receivers, with a big-play guy to hit every so often....quick D-line with up and coming stars, great hard-hitting linebackers and a dependable secondary (fingers firmly crossed)....this is truly the best lookin' Bears team since the mid/late 80's, and it's gonna be hard not to expect success, now....hopefully, they stay away from the key injury, and this team looks virtually unbeatable!!!!

GO BEARS~!!!!!!!~ image
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    The Bears look good. If they stay healthy they should have a real good year. I'm glad they were on National TV last night so I could read what the out of marketers thought.

As far as Axtel, I don't know if you could say that those 5 teams are better than the Bears or not and the only team they'll play is the Pats. If they make it to the SB, we'll likely see them matched up against one of those 5 though.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As good as the bears looked tonight, does anyone think that there aren't 5 teams in the AFC who are better?

Indy
    Cincy
    B'more
    SD
    NE

All of them I think would give the bears all they could handle and then some. >>

How can anyone say with certainty that these are the five best teams in the AFC? Last year's SB champ did not start playing really well until Week 14!!! It could be Denver/KC/JAX for all we know. (I won't even mention the Steelers). Fact is, no one knows. Sure, the Bears look great right now, but it's all a matter of WHEN you get hot. What if Chicago has the division wrapped up by Thanksgiving? That rarely bodes well anymore. I'd rather bank on a team that has to play meaningful games all the way through...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    < As good as the bears looked tonight, does anyone think that there aren't 5 teams in the AFC who are better?

Indy
    Cincy
    B'more
    SD
    NE

All of them I think would give the bears all they could handle and then some. >>

How can anyone say with certainty that these are the five best teams in the AFC? Last year's SB champ did not start playing really well until Week 14!!! It could be Denver/KC/JAX for all we know. (I won't even mention the Steelers). Fact is, no one knows. Sure, the Bears look great right now, but it's all a matter of WHEN you get hot. What if Chicago has the division wrapped up by Thanksgiving? That rarely bodes well anymore. I'd rather bank on a team that has to play meaningful games all the way through...

Excellent point. IF the Bears maintain this level of play, I think they have a great shot to win the Super Bowl, but of course that's a big IF. As for the "powerhouse 5", SD & Baltimore are not even on the same level as Chicago, sorry Ax. But they are sure as hell better than the Bucs!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    This Bears team reminds me a lot of that Baltimore Ravens team that won the Super Bowl, their D is just as dominant. They had Dilfer in there and his job was just NOT to make mistakes, Grossman is a better QB with a better cast of WR's as well........watch out for the Bears I say they will go far.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I don't think SD belongs on that list. Baltimore is really surprising me though. I'd put it in this order in the AFC right now:

Indy
    Cincy
    Batly (?)

F the Patriots, I'll put them at #15 or so.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Even though I live in Indiana and am forced to watch the Colts on CBS I will always be a Bears fan, win or lose. Indy is not the best team in the NFL, not sure who is but they ain't. Way too many holes, especially on defense. If Manning weren't there they wouldn't be a 500 team. Its not bad luck that they haven't played in a superbowl, its lack of depth and defense.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Bears are the only team in the NFC that will give the Eagles a hard time in the playoffs. They look like they could be the best team in the NFL at this point.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think SD belongs on that list. Baltimore is really surprising me though. I'd put it in this order in the AFC right now:

Indy
    Cincy
    Batly (?)

F the Patriots, I'll put them at #15 or so. >>

How do you figure that ? Everyone knows the Pats have Indy's # and in case you were asleep all day on Sunday the Bengals didnt do much of anything against the Pats at home...Baltimore is suprising I will give you that but PLEASE dont gimme that garbage of the Pats being at # 15.